Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Official groups and Non Official groups
(04-19-2011, 04:28 PM)Untouch Wrote: Well I think we need more official groups for a start!
Omniscient you said ages ago you were going to make a few more official. Tongue

We should have a gaming official group Smile
(04-19-2011, 04:27 PM)Solidus Wrote: I think a thread prefix should be added, which only moderators can apply to prevent misuse.
[Official] Group Name

Great idea, that would be good enough for me, it would generalize things and keep all of the recruitment threads together as well.
(04-19-2011, 04:27 PM)Solidus Wrote: I think a thread prefix should be added, which only moderators can apply to prevent misuse.
[Official] Group Name

100% agreed. I like this idea a lot. I have seen it implemented well on MyBB in the past actually.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
(04-19-2011, 05:13 PM)iMaяiọ999 Wrote: We should have a gaming official group Smile

There is currently two unofficial ones.

And I agree 100%
(04-20-2011, 07:34 AM)Laugh Wrote: There is currently two unofficial ones.

And I agree 100%

You mean two official ones? lol, there's a lot more than 2 that are unofficial, but hopefully that number gets knocked down a bit soon for a few more official groups.
(04-20-2011, 01:24 PM)Infinity Wrote: You mean two official ones? lol, there's a lot more than 2 that are unofficial, but hopefully that number gets knocked down a bit soon for a few more official groups.

Guys, I think we should do more something about it other than just talking. Once again, Talk Is Easy.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
(04-20-2011, 01:24 PM)Infinity Wrote: You mean two official ones? lol, there's a lot more than 2 that are unofficial, but hopefully that number gets knocked down a bit soon for a few more official groups.

I think he may of meant 2 unofficial gaming groups, due to the post that he was replying to.
(04-20-2011, 01:42 PM)The High Roller Wrote: Guys, I think we should do more something about it other than just talking. Once again, Talk Is Easy.

I've messaged Omni about my group a few times now. He said he'll make it official, but I guess he's just been very busy with other things. There's not much WE can do other than discuss. It's down to Omni to act on our suggestions.

(04-20-2011, 01:42 PM)The High Roller Wrote: Guys, I think we should do more something about it other than just talking. Once again, Talk Is Easy.

Doing something about it is easier while you're an admin too, as members we can't modify the forum lol. Omni will probably base his decision from all of these comments as well, so it's doing more good than you think. If I was an admin, I wouldn't make an update requested by only one person, but if lots of people supported the idea, i'd have a greater chance of changing things.
I think each official group should have it's own section available to only its members. Seeing as we don't have many official groups yet it won't clutter the forum.

I ask this because I would like to post messages and announcements to my group members and have discussions with them on group projects etc but I have to just post it at the end of the recruitment thread and most of the members won't even see the message.

I also think it's time for some more official groups to be added.
That sounds reasonable to me, i'm not pushing it to asking for separate forums for each group at the moment though. But I do believe that there should be some distinct separation between the two.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible to have an official "Update" thread ? Aura 9 3,359 11-24-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Prince
  Groups Omniscient 82 22,476 04-30-2015, 11:31 AM
  How much money do offical groups cost? JakeUS 14 2,584 11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Secure.
  New Groups Added Omniscient 31 4,850 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
  The Creation of New Groups (We Need More Please) Resistance 22 3,987 05-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: iMario