Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squeeky Keyboard
Squeak? Like you tap a key and it squeaks on the way down and up? If you haven't spilled anything on it recently, I find it pretty odd.

Might wanna pull out the keys that squeak and take a more detailed look, unless the WHOLE keyboard squeaks. Then you should replace the whole damn thing.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
My brother had a squeaky keyboard a while back when he was on the computer 24/7. It was hard for him to stay up late and not get caught because the computer was right next to our parents rooms, and the keys made a loud noise when you press them.
Luckly for me I know how to fix keyboards, hence my TUT.

XD.
[Image: rbwq3a.png]
(01-15-2010, 08:43 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Has anyone ever experienced a squeeky keyboard before? I have a quality Dell keyboard for the past few years and this week it's making a noise. I have a replacement but I think it's funny I have worn out my keyboard so much it squeeks.

Also the S, D and C keys are rubbed clean.

It's annoying lol. It pisses you off when you are trying to use the computer in the night hiding from your mum and dad lmao.
Have you got any crums or dust, anything similar, in that keyboard? Maybe thats the problem.
Having a squeeky keyboard IMO is the sign of an epic webmaster Sleep
Happend me one time that i got a squeaky keyboard. But i bought a new one Big Grin now is the keyboard quiet. I use Saitek Eclipse with some blue LED's so i can write in the dark Smile And its very frustrated when I eat cookies and some crumbs come between the keys, then when i write so its like cracking noise every time i push a key Omg So i have to clean my keyboard too Big Grin
(04-05-2010, 05:17 PM)«Ðartz™» Wrote: NONE of them are rubbed clean? How old is your keyboard?
I have had my keyboard for like 5 or 6 years, it's the one that came with my computer, and it still looks fairly new. I am getting DVORAK stickers so now the letters won't go away for sure.
They might just slightly be out of place.
Remove the keys and apply acetone?
[Image: 21an712.jpg]
I love her. <33

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mechanical Keyboard Guide [Pictures][Reviews][AWESOME] TalishHF 2 1,915 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  My keyboard gets 'stuck' when I play MapleStory! ONeShoT 5 5,417 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Swaganomics
  The Dvorak Keyboard Omniscient 171 62,340 08-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Yoda™
  What kind of keyboard are you using? Delicious 75 28,102 06-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Last Post: ControL1