Support Forums

Full Version: Squeeky Keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Has anyone ever experienced a squeeky keyboard before? I have a quality Dell keyboard for the past few years and this week it's making a noise. I have a replacement but I think it's funny I have worn out my keyboard so much it squeeks.

Also the S, D and C keys are rubbed clean.
I've never had a 'squeeky' keyboard before, but my keys have got stuck and all stiff. Maybe you dropped some crumbs in your keyboad? I always manage to drop toast crumbs making my keyboard go rough.. at least until they crunch up the bits of toast. x)
Just wash it, then use some WD-40.
Will be right as rain, and shouldn't short out Tongue
My keyboard sqeeeks sometimes. But I didn't rub any key prints out. Yet.
I can't say that I've had a squeaky keyboard, but I've had stiff keys and just like many others, my keys have worn down on countless keyboards I've owned.

I've not used my desktop for at least a month or so now; I'm currently making the most of my laptop.
(01-16-2010, 09:30 AM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say that I've had a squeaky keyboard, but I've had stiff keys and just like many others, my keys have worn down on countless keyboards I've owned.

I've not used my desktop for at least a month or so now; I'm currently making the most of my laptop.
Same here, I've not used my Desktop in a long time now ever since I got my laptop. The Keyboard on here is much different, they barely ever get stiff now do they wear out easily.
Squeaky Clean? XD

Just buy a new one, mine Squeaks sometimes but just run some caned air under the key and works fine for a while.

-l3igl3oy
(01-15-2010, 08:53 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]Just wash it, then use some WD-40.
Will be right as rain, and shouldn't short out Tongue

I don't think is is smart to wash your keybord O.o

Anyway, I've my keybord for 2 years I guess, and it's just as good as the first day. Though there is quite some food under the keys... Unsure
Try getting a silicon keyboard cover, they usually make your keyboard silent (great for typing in Lectures, etc.)
Lol, I've never had a squeaky keyboard before. That must be a real nuisance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5