Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Dvorak Keyboard
http://www.theworldofstuff.com/dvorak/

Anyone here know about this keyboard? I'm very curious to give it a try.

The keyboards themselves appear hard to come by but it looks like you can get stickers cheap.
http://www.amazon.com/programmer-transpa...141&sr=8-1

You can also set your PC to simply designate the proper keys too without difficulty.

Pretty interesting imho.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I can't say I've ever seen one or used one but I'd love to give one a try. Just looking at it, it seems impossible to adapt to it after using the Qwerty keyboards/pads for all the years I've been using a computer.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

It actually looks pretty interesting, I'd love to give it a try. Now I understand when they say about the Dvorak keyboards whilst installing an OS.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Would be a good idea for netbooks imho.
I've never seen a reason to try them. I'm just fine on my computer. I've never used a netbook, so I dunno what 41Shots means. One time, I accidentally set my keyboard to Dvorak when using Kubuntu, but I switched it back. Learning the layout of a Swedish keyboard was hard enough, and the letters are all in the same place on those. I'd hate to have to learn an entirely new layout.
It's a good challenge for me to start learning that keyboard it would be difficult to get use to it...
It appears most say a 2 week usage period is enough to make you faster than QWERTY.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
It seems like once you get used to it and adapt from QWERTY, it would be a good keyboard. I just feel like after using the standard layout for years, it would be hard to switch.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=...Categories

Loads of stickers. I might get some transparent ones just to try. ;D
[Image: jcXtui.png]
Going to start studying this. I'll let y'all know what happens.

EDIT: This would be a lot easier with a program to help. Does anyone know of any program such as Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, but for the Dvorak layout? MBTT supports the Dvorak layout, but the virtual keyboard within the program is still QWERTY, so it's essentially the same as some Flash game that requires you to type :p

EDIT: This is extremely frustrating. It wouldn't be so bad, except I don't have stickers for my keyboard :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mechanical Keyboard Guide [Pictures][Reviews][AWESOME] TalishHF 2 1,915 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  My keyboard gets 'stuck' when I play MapleStory! ONeShoT 5 5,417 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Swaganomics
  What kind of keyboard are you using? Delicious 75 28,103 06-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Last Post: ControL1
  Squeeky Keyboard Omniscient 40 10,227 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Detective RooTz