Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squeeky Keyboard
Has anyone ever experienced a squeeky keyboard before? I have a quality Dell keyboard for the past few years and this week it's making a noise. I have a replacement but I think it's funny I have worn out my keyboard so much it squeeks.

Also the S, D and C keys are rubbed clean.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I've never had a 'squeeky' keyboard before, but my keys have got stuck and all stiff. Maybe you dropped some crumbs in your keyboad? I always manage to drop toast crumbs making my keyboard go rough.. at least until they crunch up the bits of toast. x)
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Just wash it, then use some WD-40.
Will be right as rain, and shouldn't short out Tongue
My keyboard sqeeeks sometimes. But I didn't rub any key prints out. Yet.
I can't say that I've had a squeaky keyboard, but I've had stiff keys and just like many others, my keys have worn down on countless keyboards I've owned.

I've not used my desktop for at least a month or so now; I'm currently making the most of my laptop.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(01-16-2010, 09:30 AM)Skill Wrote: I can't say that I've had a squeaky keyboard, but I've had stiff keys and just like many others, my keys have worn down on countless keyboards I've owned.

I've not used my desktop for at least a month or so now; I'm currently making the most of my laptop.
Same here, I've not used my Desktop in a long time now ever since I got my laptop. The Keyboard on here is much different, they barely ever get stiff now do they wear out easily.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Squeaky Clean? XD

Just buy a new one, mine Squeaks sometimes but just run some caned air under the key and works fine for a while.

-l3igl3oy
(01-15-2010, 08:53 PM)Extasey Wrote: Just wash it, then use some WD-40.
Will be right as rain, and shouldn't short out Tongue

I don't think is is smart to wash your keybord O.o

Anyway, I've my keybord for 2 years I guess, and it's just as good as the first day. Though there is quite some food under the keys... Unsure
[Image: 58iH.gif]
Try getting a silicon keyboard cover, they usually make your keyboard silent (great for typing in Lectures, etc.)
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
Lol, I've never had a squeaky keyboard before. That must be a real nuisance.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mechanical Keyboard Guide [Pictures][Reviews][AWESOME] TalishHF 2 1,915 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  My keyboard gets 'stuck' when I play MapleStory! ONeShoT 5 5,417 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Swaganomics
  The Dvorak Keyboard Omniscient 171 62,343 08-10-2011, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Yoda™
  What kind of keyboard are you using? Delicious 75 28,103 06-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Last Post: ControL1