Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack Of Moderator Presence Lately?
trilobyte- is always active ^^
i think the staff is doing fine. i see them all the time.
Like marketing? join www.marketforums.org My user: Weeds
I to have noticed this but I have also noticed the return of skill and trilo. But yes, more posting activity is needed I agree.
Sam for moderator! Tongue
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Big Grin

I do think that if certain staff members need to post more and get involved with the community then they can build positive relationships with the members and that's what we need on a Support Forum.
(09-17-2010, 01:55 PM)Omniscient Wrote: This site doesn't require a lot of moderation. Yes it's nice to have an active posting staff but it's also a back-to-school month. That fact has effected a few of my sites.

Staff are still some of the top posters on this site though.

I'll review things in a few weeks. I don't expect this lull to last forever.

Thanks. It's always good to hear your input on topics like this.
It's Elektrisk dominating the high posts for staff Big Grin, but he hasn't posted in a long time, however early dedication from him really helped the site.
I think its a shame that Elektrisk doesn't post as much as he used to. I really like him as a member and he gave a lot to the forum.

I understand that the summer holidays are over and people are going back to school/college etc though.. So it's kind of expected.
Yes, but I have gone back to college and I'm still as active. However staff members here like Skill and Elektrisk have massive parts to play on HF.
Staff members come and go.
The fact they are in the Key roles for some time does introduce other factors as stated here.
For example. In one year of being a Staff member a lot can go on. Life changing things i mean.
This does reflect activity. Now as a forum owner myself i have found not putting any pressure on the staff to be the best way to allow them to either be active or not.
I never have any requirements for my staff.
And i have held the same Super Moderator for years now. Smile
He remains active even if i dont. Because i allow him to treat the forum as his own.
I guess what i am trying to say is this.
Dont put pressure on staff to post. Its not productive IMHO.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF'S LACK OF ACTIVITY - GENERATING BACKLINKS - POST YOUR PROBLEMS King 5 1,373 12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: King
  Moderator Applications Omniscient 391 158,140 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  PLEASE DELETE MODERATOR Laughynose 10 2,374 06-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 9,942 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Skill's One Year Anniversary as a Moderator Skill 22 4,718 10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Skill