Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Skill's One Year Anniversary as a Moderator
Believe it or not, 1 year ago today I was added to the Support Forums Moderating team. The days, weeks and months have gone by so quickly that I didn't even realise how close to 1 year it was until just over 3 weeks ago. In my time here, as both a member and moderator, I have seen it all. I've seen members come and go, activity rise and fall and the most important thing of all, I've seen the continued increase of top quality posts and a vast increase of members of all ages and origins.

When I was invited to join the moderating team, my whole body begun to shake as what I had once aspired to be finally came true. At that moment I knew my role at Support Forums was far more exterior than that of a normal member - I was to help maintain the forum, keeping it free from spam and abuse of all kinds. I at first started off at a slow and steady pace, trying my best not to put a foot out of line as I didn't want to lose my position.

As the weeks went by, I begun to grow more and more confident in myself and moderating Support Forums became like eating breakfast or walking to the shops; it was something that I had grown accustomed to and I didn't feel any doubt in my capabilities - I knew I was doing right, even if others disagreed.

I know I'm not the most active member of the forums, but I'm far from the least. I visit Support Forums on a daily basis and post whenever I can, without fail. I am dedicated to moderating the forum at the best of my ability and I'll continue to do so for as long as Omniscient needs me.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you individually and as a whole, if it wasn't for you there probably wouldn't be no me. You make me want to visit Support Forums, you make me want to moderate and keep the place maintained and most of all, you make me feel wanted.

I'd also like to say a special thank you to Omniscient. If it wasn't for you none of this would have been possible. You put your trust in me and I am forever grateful.

I am still as passionate about Support Forums as I was back when I first registered and I'll continue to give everything I have for the forum. If you have any suggestions on how I can improve my moderating or interaction with you, the members, please feel free to PM me or post in this thread. I will listen to everything you have to say and I'll continue to give everything I have, for as long as humanly possible.

Thank you, everybody, for reading and I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Well congratulations! Happy anniversary. You're very lucky to be a moderator and it's good that you're confident in what you are doing. I never even looked into how old this forum was, I had no idea it was a year old! (I'm new here)

Anyways congratulations again and I hope you continue to enjoy your responsibilities as a moderator.
-Polite-Active-Respectful-Atheist-Donator-Obliging-xerox?-
Are you trolling me? I don't care. Your thread may help someone that was too embarrassed to ask.
This year has flown past and you've reached an amazing milestone Skill. How can you improve? You can't. I hope you stay on the moderating team and I'm glad to of been a member for over a year too.

I feel we've become good mates and I wish you all the best.

~ Sam
Happy Anniversary, Skill. Thumbsup
Congratulations Skill. Big Grin
Happy anniversary to you,
Happy anniversary to you,
Happy anniversary to Skill,
Happy anniversary tooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Hip hip hurrayyy!
WHO R U

Congrats Oui
Congratulations, Skill.
Congratulations, I think you have done a great job.
And doesn't time fly when your having fun.
Keep up the good work mate.
[Image: s1.jpg]
Congrats mate. Very happy for you.
Keep up the good work here and at HF.
Smile
My TECH Blog:- http://www.gujjufreak.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moderator Applications Omniscient 391 156,750 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  PLEASE DELETE MODERATOR Laughynose 10 2,337 06-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 9,771 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Lack Of Moderator Presence Lately? Fragma 20 5,333 09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Last Post: NekoChan
  Congrats to Eve, SF's latest moderator! Elektrisk 29 4,200 06-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Last Post: † The Beast †