Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack Of Moderator Presence Lately?
I feel with the exception of Eve, the forum moderators are perhaps not as active as they possibly could be. I haven't really felt much of a moderator presence within the past few months which I feel is key to keeping a good community feel.

This post isn't made to question the moderators capabilities, I know each moderator currently on the forum are all very high quality members & do a very good job when they are online. And having checked the "Last Visit" statistic on each profile, I can see that they are coming online (Most likely to check reports) which is great but I really feel that being a moderator, you should also contribute to posting.

It's good for newer members to feel that there is a sense of authority within the forum but also a the feeling of being part of a friendly community.

I made this thread so I could hear what other peoples thoughts are on this.

So what do you guys think?

(Again I would like to make clear that this is not a dig at any of the moderators. I have a lot of respect for each moderator on this forum. I just think they could be slightly more active within the community.)
I don't really see spam, though.
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
(09-17-2010, 11:12 AM)Melted Wrote: I don't really see spam, though.

What do you mean? I'm not saying they aren't moderating Tongue. I'm saying it would be nice if they posted a bit more. And be part of the community a bit more. Smile
Lately yes they havn't been just as active but I'm sure there is a good reason for that.
They are probaly busy with other issues. Smile
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Hey Fragma,

Back when I was a Forum Moderator for an official celebrity website, we really didn't have too much time to be active. We had so many user reports to try and get through, and we didn't have that much time to just go around and post. Plus, they have their own lives away from the forums.

Regards,
Zurmi
Thanks for your input guys. I respect the fact that they do have a life and other things to do (Unlike me lol!) and even other forums to moderate.

I'm thinking though, if this is the case, then why not have another moderator added to the team? Surely the more the merrier! I can think of a few members here that would be perfect for a moderator position.
(09-17-2010, 11:41 AM)Fragma Wrote: Thanks for your input guys. I respect the fact that they do have a life and other things to do (Unlike me lol!) and even other forums to moderate.

I'm thinking though, if this is the case, then why not have another moderator added to the team? Surely the more the merrier! I can think of a few members here that would be perfect for a moderator position.

Hey Fragma,

Actually, if you take a look here, you shall see that many people have applied, including myself, to be added to the moderator team. So I assume more will be added once they are needed.

Regards,
Zurmi
(09-17-2010, 11:43 AM)Zurmi Wrote: Hey Fragma,

Actually, if you take a look here, you shall see that many people have applied, including myself, to be added to the moderator team. So I assume more will be added once they are needed.

Regards,
Zurmi

Yes I'm aware of that. Thanks for your input.
Ah okay.

Cheers.

Regards,
Zurmi
This site doesn't require a lot of moderation. Yes it's nice to have an active posting staff but it's also a back-to-school month. That fact has effected a few of my sites.

Staff are still some of the top posters on this site though.

I'll review things in a few weeks. I don't expect this lull to last forever.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF'S LACK OF ACTIVITY - GENERATING BACKLINKS - POST YOUR PROBLEMS King 5 1,368 12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: King
  Moderator Applications Omniscient 391 156,753 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  PLEASE DELETE MODERATOR Laughynose 10 2,337 06-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 9,771 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Skill's One Year Anniversary as a Moderator Skill 22 4,642 10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Skill