Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLEASE DELETE MODERATOR
Well I think there should be negative rep available for all forum groups, now you'll probably disagree with me but I thought I'll post it out their anyway, before you ask I've looked around the forum I.E search related topics and I've not seen anything mentioning this before.

So let's start,
I actually hate the fact that we cannot -rep a user since there's no subscriber/membership available to get this feature I think it should be enabled.

Reason:
I personally want it enabled to give more of a expression and give users more of a understanding of what/who this person is, this is why I think it should be enabled. Since only +rep is enabled users are using +rep to give bad comments and I think that's bad because you're giving them more positive rep needless to say the bad comment since most users only see the green/positive reputation item and they think oh he's trusted.

Now if you don't like this suggestion just leave a comment about why you don't like it, don't make a flame war.
[Image: signaturera.png]
(06-04-2011, 02:09 PM)Laughynose Wrote: Well I think there should be negative rep available for all forum groups, now you'll probably disagree with me but I thought I'll post it out their anyway, before you ask I've looked around the forum I.E search related topics and I've not seen anything mentioning this before.

So let's start,
I actually hate the fact that we cannot -rep a user since there's no subscriber/membership available to get this feature I think it should be enabled.

Reason:
I personally want it enabled to give more of a expression and give users more of a understanding of what/who this person is, this is why I think it should be enabled. Since only +rep is enabled users are using +rep to give bad comments and I think that's bad because you're giving them more positive rep needless to say the bad comment since most users only see the green/positive reputation item and they think oh he's trusted.

Now if you don't like this suggestion just leave a comment about why you don't like it, don't make a flame war.

What's a reason you could -rep a user for, just wondering so I can get a better understanding.
To be honest, I've never thought of that, but I'm guessing for general reasons like:

Untrusted member, Scamming, Threatening. etc..
Hm... It's an alright idea but because they is hardly any trouble here with untrusted members, due to it being a support forum and not much negativity can come from it. But I don't know.
Well as it states it's just an idea, I just thought it'll be a nice addition mostly used in the marketplace? Smile
We campaigned hard to get negative reputation feature removed. It was a change the community wanted and Omni obliged.

You're not going to get backing from any of the old members who wanted it to be removed, which was pretty much the whole community last year.
Omni did disable negative reputation for a reason, cause everyone basically asked for it.
Well I never knew that, I just thought it'll help out some users Smile Please close.
Is neutral allowed. Also I think negative should be allowed too.
Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
Neutral is classed as disabled too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sorry for 2 thread but u can delete after we will solve ? WhiteLine 6 1,149 04-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Allow members to junk/close/delete own threads & posts. D3xus 27 4,916 02-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Julia Gillard
  Delete the w3c validation forum D3xus 5 1,210 11-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: D3xus
  Moderator Applications Omniscient 391 156,728 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 9,770 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity