Thread Rating:
  • 60 Vote(s) - 4.42 Average
Moderator Applications
Hello;

I suppose I'll give the application a shot.

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Indeed, I am.

2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) EST.

3. What's your internet connection speed? - Comcast - 4 Upload, 4 Download

4. What topics interest you most at SF? - The topics that intrigue me most are those dedicated to creating forums, Windows Support, and simply helping other users when necessary.

5. How many hours per week can you moderate? 35 - 40 hours a week.

6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? - I'm not giving the standard answer of cleaning spam, and keeping flaming down. My answer is this: I would utilize it as I would as a member. Assisting users, giving support, and reviewing forums. The only difference is the standard - clearing out litter so the users can have a more adult friendly environment.

7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? - I refuse to get angry with anyone in a debate or problem. I'm also truly un-biased.

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes sir, 26 to be exact.
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT -6:00
3. What's your internet connection speed? 100Mbs
4. What topics interest you most at SF? PC Hardware is my favorite but I do support for Microsoft products so that would be my second interest.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? about 20 hours a week.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? Keeping flames from turning into fires, making sure posts are in the correct forum and providing feedback as to any suggestions offered by other members.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes, absolutely, in the real world I am a very level headed individual. Many times I am the one that gets called in to settle disputes.
Also, I was Nicodemus Rosethorne on HF. In case you wanted some reference material as I have not really posted very much on SF yet.
Are you at least 16 years old?
- Yes, I am.

What time zone are you in (GMT -/+)
- GTM +3.

What's your internet connection speed?
- It really depends on the date and time. 1/10/100 mb/s.

What topics interest you most at SF?
- Virus Infection and Computer Security, Video Gaming and Graphic Design and Tutorials. After all, it doesn't really matter, as an moderator, I'd check out all the topics. Smile

How many hours per week can you moderate?
- 50-60 hours per a week.

How would you utilize your time as a moderator?
- There isn't just a one answer to this question. There're plenty. Im sure, people think the main thing is to keep an eye on the members, and keep the forums clean. Yes, those are one of the most inportant things. But I'd also think, being a good role model and a respectful to others can achieve much more. Think it like this, if there's a moderator who only spends hours of time on telling people what to do, and what not, no one is never going to think him/her as a good and a respectful person. Treat others the same, as you'd like to be treated.

Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?

I would never get angry or upset to anyone, at any time, while doing a moderator job. Being down to earth, is one of the best things you can be. Being a evil overlord is just not my thing at all.
It would be an honor to be a part of the staff of this awesome community, which I believe will be one the best communities ever.

Other info.

I just want to add a few things here, which I believe could improve my chances to become a moderator.

Past admin/mod experience.

I've been an admin on a gaming community in CSS, TF2 and L4D. At the beginning, I was just an admin on those servers, which we had 22. After a year of being an admin, I was promoted to become the head admin. I also applied to become a forum moderator, and I was accepted to that job.
The gaming community which I used to work for, was huge. The owner owns thousands of servers around the world, and is the biggest hoster in the NL. At first, we used to only have 7 gameservers. But that number raised to 22, because of the huge popularity of those servers. Those forums I used to moderate, were as same sized as Hackforums.net is now. We had tens of active threads every day, and 100's of posts each day.

Other experiences.

Well, Im not a nerd, but I do know a few things about computers and technology. Im currently studying to become a electrician. So hopefully, my knowledge could be useful, if I become a mod.

I'd call myself a experienced internet user. I surf around the internet about 12 hours a day, yes, 12 hours... It's mainly because of school, where we use it alot. At free times, I spend about 6-7 hours a day at school days and around 12 to sometimes 16 hours at weekends. Yes, some people might call me a nolife, but no, Im really not.

After all, this would be an awesome opportunity to gain more experience and serve this community. If im chosen to become a moderator, I'd do all I can to make this community better for all of us. Smile
1. Are you at least 16 years old?
yes turned 16 in may
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)
05:00 Eastern
3. What's your internet connection speed?
4Mb
4. What topics interest you most at SF?
truefully if it involves a computer it draws my attention,but I'd say mine are hardware,Microsoft Support,Linux, FreeBSD, and Unix,Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help,Laptop and Netbook Help
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?
anytime after 3 for sure thats when i stay online after school,weekends and on breaks and holidays.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator?
keeping spam off the site.Enforing the rules.reviewing all post made.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties?
yes, always keep a level head or you end up doing something stupid and on a website everybody knows you goofed up lol
Yes.
Eastern Time
1MB/s
The windows and linux topics.
42 hours.
I would look at the posts to make sure they are good acording the rules. Keep the forums clean and safe.
Of course. When I do somethnig, I do it right. Period.
Support the best of ideas ----->

- http://www.vinceking69.blogspot.com -
1. am 16 years old
2. am on eastern time zone
3.a strong 12mbps everyday
4.i look into all topics at least once
5. from morning to late at night. everyday. pm me if u need to know how.
6. well i ultize my time depending on what you would want.
7. yes i can persuade the members to understand and accept their warning points.
also plz disregard my warning points because i didnt know the rules. i thought it would be like HF.(basically no moderation) oh yeah am a very good hacker!
CHINAMAN
Quote:i like to make myself belie
[Image: 2n7ehx4.jpg]
[Image: save_banner.asp?file=HWHERMJMMH.jpg]
Yes
GMT +1
8 or 24mb Smile
Coding support
As many as I can
Try to keep peoples following the rules and not allowing peoples to break 'em
Yes ofc
TO: Omniscient, SupportForums owner/administrator

MODERATION APPLICATION FORM:

Yes (I'm 24)

2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X)?
GMT +8

About 786 kBps regularly to 1 MBps when offpeak.

Specifically:
Site News and Feedback
The Welcome Mat
PC Hardware Help and Desktop Support
Laptop and Netbook Help
Virus Infection and Computer Security
Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help
Python Programming Language
Graphic Design and Tutorials
Emotional Support
Video Gaming
Media Moguls
Website Development

Roughly 56-84 hours per week (I'm usually on when the mods are away), and I am currently not working and self studying.

Since SF is still of small size, I can have time to go to almost all sections in SF that have a high level of activity at that time. I would mostly personally message people who need help or have knowingly or unknowingly violated site/forum rules (I believe in a high level of discretion) and/or redirect him to the rules and announcements section, if he has queries as to the reason(s) of the violation, I will do my best to elaborate it for him. In these circumstances I could issue a warning which would depend on moderation parameters set by the administrator/owner (Omniscient) or if by my own discretion, according to the gravity of the situation or both. These will be done along with answering reports, answering inquiries about the site and about topics in the forum as best as possible with a high level of objectivity. While moderating, personal relations, prejudice and other foreseeable and unavoidable situations addressing subjectivity will be avoided to avoid bias and inadequacy in moderating. If there are some difficulties that I cannot address alone, I may seek the help of a more senior moderator or the administrator himself.

Yes, objectivity, foresight and discretion would be the principles heralding my duties as a moderator IF given the chance.

Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.

Blackhat

>S0rath 0f the Black Sun

PS: For the record, I have limited experience in moderating forumboards. I have been co-administrator for a KINGSOFCHAOS organization forum and later on when we merged with another organization, I was a section moderator. Blackhat
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Moderator Application of [V]VenDetta

1. Are you at least 16 years old? Yes
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) GMT+1
[Image: 596591473.png][Image: 1313713.png]
4. What topics interest you most at SF?Virus Infection and Computer Security, And Microsoft Support
5. How many hours per week can you moderate?14 hours
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? To clean the forum from flame and warn people that are bumping old topics.and banning Spammers.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? Yes i am able to.
1. Are you at least 16 years old? 17
2. What time zone are you in (GMT -/+X) Mountain Standard time. I believe +2
3. What's your internet connection speed? High Speed DSL.
4. What topics interest you most at SF? I love the auto section.
5. How many hours per week can you moderate? As many as you want.
6. How would you utilize your time as a moderator? I would look around for bad posts, hacking related posts and just overall crap and remove them. Preferably in the auto section.
7. Are you able to keep a level head while performing moderator duties? I sure am. All is peaceful in the automotive world lol
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way To Restore Old Quicken Applications Without Paying For This Again With The He jamesbrownn 0 839 02-25-2019, 02:09 AM
Last Post: jamesbrownn
  PLEASE DELETE MODERATOR Laughynose 10 2,468 06-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE, DISCUSSION COMPLETED Laughynose 47 10,246 06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Skill's One Year Anniversary as a Moderator Skill 22 4,831 10-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Skill
  Lack Of Moderator Presence Lately? Fragma 20 5,580 09-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Last Post: NekoChan