Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Threads: How not to bump them up
(01-26-2012, 03:32 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We don't have that much activity that a few old bumped threads move a valuable thread off the first page.

I have actually seen it a couple times, but the key here I guess is that it hardly happens that it gets bumped completely off the first page. Time's i've seen it though, involve the specific kind of spammer that looks through a specific forum that they know they can get away with dumbed down posts, and less thoughtful answers, like in the graphics area, pets area, and emotional support area. Just move from one thread to the next on whatever they see in there. Which sometimes involves posts on the newest threads there, because it's at the top by the time they see it.

But now assume multiple spammers, if they post on the newest one, a useless LQP, and move down, that ultimately reverses the order of the threads, because the newest thread becomes the less recent thread with new posts inside it, getting bumped farther down by the older threads as the spammer moves from top to bottom in the threads list. Now along with other spammers, those older threads get bumped even more.

When this forum becomes bigger though that might not be a problem, assuming that you feel there's no need to keep the feather award here because this forum can sustain it's own self without the help of external traffic.

That's enough of my nonsense though. Just showing what i've noticed, and only seen a new thread bumped off the first page maybe 3-5 times (that i've specifically noticed). Unsure about the threads that I haven't been keeping tabs on.

Some believe the answer in the Emotional support area can always be things like "Good luck, hope you feel better".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Old Threads: How not to bump them up - by AceInfinity - 01-26-2012, 03:59 PM
RE: Old Threads: How not to bump them up - by [M] - 03-02-2012, 09:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,794 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,799 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 631 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3
  Can't Send Messages/Make Threads Fragma 2 891 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Wrongly closing my threads. Crayo 21 3,898 09-13-2011, 10:30 AM