Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding posting on old threads
I understand that many new members are posting on old threads in an effort to generate activity. While I understand the good intentions you have, it would be best to create new content on new threads, rather than posting on older threads where the subject manner may be obsolete or irrelevant. If you wish to continue the discussion of a thread that is old (older than 2 months), please start a new thread with a similar but different title.

Thanks guys. Thumbsup
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Pretty much if something is older than a month, I won't touch it.
(10-09-2014, 01:33 PM)D3xus Wrote: I understand that many new members are posting on old threads in an effort to generate activity. While I understand the good intentions you have, it would be best to create new content on new threads, rather than posting on older threads where the subject manner may be obsolete or irrelevant. If you wish to continue the discussion of a thread that is old (older than 2 months), please start a new thread with a similar but different title.

Thanks guys. Thumbsup

I'll try my best to avoid doing it. Thanks for posting this!
Most threads are like 2+ years old. My last post was like two years ago as well, but I agree, D3xus. Time to revive SF.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

This should be in glowing neon lights right now since everyone is trying their hardest to impress. A good rule of thumb is if you think it's too old, it's too old. A month is usually old enough.
All the really old threads should be locked to prevent unneeded posts.
I'm not sure I should close all old threads. Normally that's not a good thing when you get new people from search engines who might want to reply.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-10-2014, 02:21 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I'm not sure I should close all old threads. Normally that's not a good thing when you get new people from search engines who might want to reply.

This mainly cause gravedigging if they stay open. I know what you're talking about as I've seen it happening a lot in the Windows and White Hat Help sections on HF. It's better if the start a new thread and give actual information if you ask me. Does closing the threads affect the results of the search engines ?
(10-10-2014, 02:21 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I'm not sure I should close all old threads. Normally that's not a good thing when you get new people from search engines who might want to reply.

Just close REALLY old threads and all in some sections. Like the marketplace doubt any there still selling the said item if they haven't been on in a year+ Huh
Just seeing this now D3xus, I'll try not to post on really old threads. ._.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,645 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 611 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3
  Can't Send Messages/Make Threads Fragma 2 866 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Old Threads: How not to bump them up BlackChaos 20 2,942 03-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Feedback on Posting and Posting Quality. Uzi 14 2,621 11-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: D3xus