Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Dvorak Keyboard
I've never really seen anything like this before. I just need to know one thing before I buy it, how can u change the PC to work on Dvorak and then to the regular one?
It's proven to be faster, but it would be hard to transition from QWERTY.
I myself have tried one, they are actually really hard to use, as there hardly no were, like everything these days are qwerty so even if i did manage to learn it like qwerty everywere else would be hard, i'd say stick with what you no, if it ante broken why fix it Smile
I'm going to give it a try. Seems like something awesome to get used to.
I think getting used to this would be really hard, and it wouldn't be very practical if you use a qwerty keyboard too. (Possibly at work or school.)
Hmm i have never heard of this type of keyboard
ive always used QWERTY, maybe i will try this out and see how it goes.
Looks quite interesting gonna read into it more and i might give it a try, thanks for informing us.
[Image: Untitled-1-4.jpg]
I tried typing on it thru my screen and its too difficiult to get used to.
since everyone is already used to the qwerty, why change it...
I don't think I would ever be able to learn that.
QWERTY was hard enough...
I have been using dvorak for quite a while. I can say from my experience with it it is much better than qwerty. Your fingers never have to move very far to get the right key and that decreases typos. I am not as fast as I could be yet but I have gotten to the point where I am slower at qwerty than dvorak. I just popped all the keys out of my keyboard and rearranged them so I wouldn't have to get another keyboard.

To get good at it though it takes a lot of practice and you strictly have to stay with dvorak even if you can type faster on qwerty. I used qwerty since birth and i could type at 60 wpm. I switched to dvorak a few months ago and I am at forty. I am slowly increasing my speed though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mechanical Keyboard Guide [Pictures][Reviews][AWESOME] TalishHF 2 1,944 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  My keyboard gets 'stuck' when I play MapleStory! ONeShoT 5 5,464 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Swaganomics
  What kind of keyboard are you using? Delicious 75 28,648 06-30-2011, 07:39 AM
Last Post: ControL1
  Squeeky Keyboard Omniscient 40 10,575 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Detective RooTz