Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anonymous Reps
(01-09-2010, 02:48 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Ahh so your reputation is only going to be 5 or -5 or somewhere in between. That sure beats the rep whores out of their fix lol. That would be interesting but it's probably hard to code.

Not really hard to code, see it as the Rating on YT or thread rating on here.
It would be esay to code (i got an idea for the next tut)...
But it would be a bit pain to redo the rep system to work that way, but as a new plugin it would be done pretty easy.
(01-09-2010, 02:45 AM)Tim Wrote: They don't give 5 reps, they give a rep rating from -5 to 5, so if someone is rep'd by 4 people and they are given a 4, 3, -2 and 3 then their reputation will be an average of those, ie. their rep will be 2 out of 5. Each of these ratings will only be valid for say 6 months but users can rate people again, this gives scope for change and also solves the problem if someone is unfairly rep'das it will eventually expire.

Yep you see. This is what we need Omni.
I know your asleep know ya old bugger but can you have this up and running by tomorrow? Seriously man. Comeon. Smile

Na seriously though. Thats exactly what SF needs i feel. Something that relates to thread more than user as this can be a conflicting influence.
Look at me for example.
60% of my posts are rants and raves. Just fill for a forum.
20% are quality that deserves some rep if you will if not for content then for effort.
If a member looks at my profile they may think im a complete dick and not rely on what i say.
Now that entirely understandable Smile But lets say i put a great thread out that everyone loves then it would be noted then and ever after its a respected thread by the community not a member who is respected by the community. Now because this is a support forum then the most important answer should be most relevant so rep is irrelevant i feel anyway.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(01-09-2010, 02:48 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Ahh so your reputation is only going to be 5 or -5 or somewhere in between. That sure beats the rep whores out of their fix lol. That would be interesting but it's probably hard to code.

Not really, instead of selecting the sum of the rep column you just select the average (using the SQL function), then just write something to make all reps anonymous. So people can still see the rep comments and how many reps they have, therefore if someones rating is 5 and they have 100 reps you know they are awesome. Then just have a cron set up to prune reps over 6 months old. MyBB already supports being able to set 5 rep points in either direction.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
Hmmm....I'm going to install a fresh MyBB installation on a development domain and see how this could turn out. It may not be really all that hard, although there may be some core edits, not sure...
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Na thanks cant be anonymous. It would need to be seen who thanked.
That also helps for rep value. No coward votes. Smile
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Well it needs to be either entirely anonymous or not anonymous at all. I think it should be entirely anonymous as this way there will be no retaliation reps and abuse reps will expire.
i think it was a smart idea!
(01-08-2010, 11:14 PM)Tim Wrote: The reason anonymous reps are enabled is to prevent retaliation reps. If you honestly don't believe that you deserve one of your reps then contact a mod and they should be able to see who made the rep and ascertain for themselves whether it is justified.

This is about as far as the thread should have gone.
PM me for private, confidential support.
No not really. There's always reason to talk about making things better.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(01-09-2010, 12:23 PM)iPaNiK Wrote: This is about as far as the thread should have gone.

Well unlike the other threads there has at least been a level of consensus about the direction of the solution so at the very least this thread has been more productive then the previous ones.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Negative Reputations and Anonymous Reps Omniscient 38 8,617 11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Last Post: itmoney22
  How do we use Anonymous posting in the Emo forum? Camgaertner 2 613 07-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Eve
  Anonymous posting for Emotional Support? daneasaur 36 5,061 06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  Anonymous Reps Omniscient 19 2,646 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM
  Anonymous rep? alfonzo1955 6 977 05-27-2010, 07:02 PM