Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anonymous Reps
I have installed a plugin that I have made for MyBB. It allows for reputations to be given anonymously. A checkbox is added on the give rep box.

Currently all members can give anon reps. You can view your own anonymous reps that you have given but you will see an (Anonymous) next to the rep points. You can update the rep just like before and make it anonymous or not.

I have added this in the hopes that rep revenge abuse will end if you don't know who gave you the rep. Many complaints are because someone rep revenges for crap reasons. So let's try this and see how it goes. I burned a few hours coding this but it's all good since it's for the betterment of the community.

Thanks.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Thank you for this new feature. I probably won't be using it, though.

I don't mind if someone knows I -rep them. There was a reason behind it.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

It's a great thing Omni and I hope to introduce it to one of my busier forums I have that is starting to have this issue creep up. Plus, MyBBCentral was due for another plugin release anyway lol.

Thanks for taking your time to do this instead of other things that need to get done.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Hm.

Thank you for the update Omniscient. Much appreciated. As for this plugin, I think it will cut down on "Rep revenge" as you call it.

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
Expect a more steady stream of Mybb Central plugins once HF is off my table.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I also needed this plugin, again thank you so much Omni Smile
Ty for spending that time Smile
I'm sure it will pay off.
(10-15-2009, 03:05 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Expect a more steady stream of Mybb Central plugins once HF is off my table.

Yeah, that site just took too much of your time and really wasn't a good trade off between time spent dealing with it and time spent being able to do other things you love (like spending time with your family). At least, IMHO, the compensation you were receiving for it wasn't enough to justify the amount of time it takes you away from your family, at least, for me it wouldn't.

I can't wait for more Omni, the plugins are amazing (I'd recommend anyone getting a MyBB forum to take a look at them and subscribe).

Back to the topic at hand, I probably won't use them as I'm not that worried about rep rages, most the people I -rep are horrible quality members that usually end up getting banned anyway lol.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Thanks for the update, it's nice to have this, I personally don't care if they know i've -Repped them, i only do it if it needs to be done. I'm the same with +Reps also, if they deserve it then they will get it.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
wow! kool pulgin thank you...
CHINAMAN
Quote:i like to make myself belie
[Image: 2n7ehx4.jpg]
[Image: save_banner.asp?file=HWHERMJMMH.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Negative Reputations and Anonymous Reps Omniscient 38 8,617 11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Last Post: itmoney22
  How do we use Anonymous posting in the Emo forum? Camgaertner 2 613 07-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Eve
  Anonymous posting for Emotional Support? daneasaur 36 5,061 06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  Anonymous rep? alfonzo1955 6 977 05-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  250+ Posts Allowed To Give Reps Kewlz 57 8,850 04-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Last Post: ShuTdown