Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Group - Aces
To elaborate on what Breshie said and to answer laugh: it would be the same concept as HF L33T and UB3R. All the people of those usergroups are deemed superior to other members since they paid money. Breshie, and myself included, think this group might grow into that same prejudice as l33t and ub3r.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(01-17-2012, 02:24 PM)Laugh Wrote: How would it become prejudice to newer members?

I just believe that with all the 'oldies' in one group, it will spark conflict within the community. But it should be easy to control if that does happen, right?
(01-17-2012, 03:15 PM)D3xus Wrote: To elaborate on what Breshie said and to answer laugh: it would be the same concept as HF L33T and UB3R. All the people of those usergroups are deemed superior to other members since they paid money. Breshie, and myself included, think this group might grow into that same prejudice as l33t and ub3r.

^ Pretty much exactly what I mean. Oui
(01-17-2012, 03:15 PM)D3xus Wrote: To elaborate on what Breshie said and to answer laugh: it would be the same concept as HF L33T and UB3R. All the people of those usergroups are deemed superior to other members since they paid money. Breshie, and myself included, think this group might grow into that same prejudice as l33t and ub3r.

However this shouldn't be confused with a group of users in the community who have paid towards SF because there's no donations set up for SF. Also HF L33T and Ub3r aren't quality or good members just because they paid to have a userbar. But I do see the point, just can't compare the two between here and the other forum as it's not an accurate comparison. I'm sure there's ways that would allow it to work though as obviously people who are in the group and showing any lack of leadership or disregard to others on the forum aren't qualified to be in the group anyway. Leadership does not include flaming or anything of that nature.
I like the idea of the group, you should contact Omniscient and get it official.

Those are paid group nearly anybody can get accepted into. How is that even a little bit relevant?

(01-17-2012, 03:18 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I just believe that with all the 'oldies' in one group, it will spark conflict within the community. But it should be easy to control if that does

That wouldn't happen, people will be chosen carefully. The second a member says "I'm in Aces..you're not. Obviously I'm more mature than you" or anything of that nature they would be removed, obviously. But chances are that won't happen because members with that type of attitude won't be accepted to begin with.

However, if a member not in the group brings it up and sparks a conflict by saying something similar to "you think you're all that because your in the Aces," then the member has the wrong idea of the group. Anybody who says that is jealous of the other person's status, and nobody should be jealous of a member in the group one bit. So if that did happen all it means is the member is ignorant on the significance of the group, which is simply to be a leader.

We hardly see immature arguments I've mentioned above on Support Forums anyway. There is nothing to worry about.

You don't have to pay to get in and is Omniscient creating this?
(01-17-2012, 07:53 PM)Diabolic Wrote: You don't have to pay to get in and is Omniscient creating this?

You should read up on the group rules before replying. No, this group won't be official until their are 10 applicants who are eligible to join.
I don't have 500 posts so I can't apply. Sucks!
(01-17-2012, 11:59 PM)Diabolic Wrote: I don't have 500 posts so I can't apply. Sucks!

Get someone to create it on your behalf, then when you get 500 co-own it.
(01-18-2012, 12:57 AM)Sam Wrote: Get someone to create it on your behalf, then when you get 500 co-own it.

Laugh created the group though Sam lol, it wasn't Diabolic. Diabolic was just looking to join the group. Blackhat

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Read] Group Information for Applications Omniscient 74 36,721 01-18-2020, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rickhart
  Emotional Helpers Official Group Recruitment BlackChaos 8 2,648 04-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Callum
  SF Coders Official Group [Applications: OPEN!] BreShiE 214 64,845 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Emotional Helpers [Official Group] -Closed! Sam 260 150,453 05-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Last Post: DAMINKā„¢
  New Group [Contributors] - Recruitment Open Sam 18 4,249 02-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ven0m