Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know whether I should try and quit smoking or not
Once a day is nothing really. That's not chronic smoking at all. Should be easy for you to phase out IMO.
If you enjoy it, keep doing it.

Plenty of people go their whole life smoking. Plenty of people also draw the short straw and die or get some crap form of cancer that makes them regret smoking for the rest of their days! I'm sure the people who die also regret smoking a large amount in their slow death.

But w/e man. It's your choice.
(01-09-2012, 04:57 AM)Extasey Wrote: If you enjoy it, keep doing it.

Plenty of people go their whole life smoking. Plenty of people also draw the short straw and die or get some crap form of cancer that makes them regret smoking for the rest of their days! I'm sure the people who die also regret smoking a large amount in their slow death.

But w/e man. It's your choice.

The thing is one can get cancer without smoking as well.

Anyways, like I posted previously, I have started to cut down to one a day and will try to stop completely when the next semester starts at school.
(01-09-2012, 07:18 PM)LancerImpact Wrote: The thing is one can get cancer without smoking as well.

I think that is a silly statement. You don't get the same cancers from not smoking.

Yes you can get some of them, but smoking increases your chances by 10000x10^92% due to the fact it has been proven to cause cancer.
(01-10-2012, 06:38 PM)Extasey Wrote: I think that is a silly statement. You don't get the same cancers from not smoking.

Yes you can get some of them, but smoking increases your chances by 10000x10^92% due to the fact it has been proven to cause cancer.

lol so has using cellphones. What's your point about not causing the "same cancer"? He mentioned you can get cancer, not that you can get "smoking type of cancers".
My point is, his statement about "I don't see smoking as that much of a deal because you can get cancer anyway" is a stupid outlook.

Yeah, you can get cancer from all sorts of things, but if you haven't watched any television your whole life, or gone to school, or done anything other then stare at forums all day... smoking causes plenty of different cancers all over the body, not to mention all its other harmfull effects.
(01-10-2012, 06:46 PM)Extasey Wrote: My point is, his statement about "I don't see smoking as that much of a deal because you can get cancer anyway" is a stupid outlook.

Yeah, you can get cancer from all sorts of things, but if you haven't watched any television your whole life, or gone to school, or done anything other then stare at forums all day... smoking causes plenty of different cancers all over the body, not to mention all its other harmfull effects.

This man is right. There are MANY other things which can be brought on by smoking, NOT just cancer, which is scientifically proven I might add, to give smokers a MUCH HIGHER chance or catching respiratory cancers, throat cancers, and mouth cancers.

Saying you 'may' get cancer anyway so smoke is very ignorant IMO. The chance as I said is much higher in smokers than non smokers. Not to mention it affects your day-to-day life before even getting cancer. Shortness of breath, bad breath, yellow fingernails, and all those other terrible side affects to happen to any diehard smoker.
Honestly dude i suggest you quit. My dad has been smoking for i believe ten years now and he is always coughing and having issues with breathing. Now a smoke a day might not seem bad but as you know it's terrible for your lungs and who wants to have to be 70 wheeling around a oxygen tank because of how bad your lungs are. Just my honest advice dude hope to see a thread of you saying you quit.Pirate
I'd recommend you stop. I think cigarettes are disgusting and look trashy, if you enjoy it though, continue if you must.
I Didn't go trough the whole topic, but If you are smoking for just 3 months, QUIT IT KNOW.
On that moment it's still pretty easy to stop ..

I've been smoking a lot longer, and it's a lot harder to stop..
------------------------
Add me on msn. I Would love to meet you.
tmpbbbb@hotmail.com
-------------------------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Benefits of quitting Smoking Habits stephensam 2 1,052 07-08-2020, 01:54 AM
Last Post: viraj
  Quitting smoking? Gerira 30 6,721 03-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Last Post: elliethomas
  Another reason to quit smoking: Vision Loss evewaldorf 1 780 07-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Release4
  I've stopped Smoking as of today... Dεlluzion 17 1,783 06-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜDunsparth
  Give Up Smoking Without Having Withdrawal Discomfort brain 0 606 03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Last Post: brain