Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've stopped Smoking as of today...
Well this is quite a challenge for me and I need those who have been in the same situation to help me out.

When I used to smoke, around 5 months I started experiencing wheezing sounds when I breathed through my mouth. This was quite uncomfortable because I was lying down, trying to sleep after taking a smoke. I then found out that one of the ways to experience less wheezing sounds was to stay active for a while, then going to bed wouldn't be a problem.

A few weeks ago I took a smoke and felt that I had to breathe harder, which has caused the following nights to be restless, and I wouldn't be able to sleep since the automatic breathing when I was asleep was too harsh for my body.

I thought having an asthma pump would do the trick - in some cases it did but I can't keep up with it (I would rather quit smoking) so today I thought I would throw away my carton of smokes and just leave it.

The problem is that I know I will crave for a smoke here and there, and sometimes the craving gets a little bit too much for me. So I want to know if there is anyway I can get my mind off it, I do know that after a few days I will still have the craving scene but my lungs and cilia hairs would of healed, and eventually I won't even think about having a smoke.

Does anyone know what I can do to remove the craving in the meanwhile? Please do not suggest Tobacco gum or patches, because like I said I just want to be healthy and not have the wheezing sounds anymore.

congrats dude! and im sorry i don't know anything to help make the transition easier
Thanks. Only problem I really didn't like when smoking was when I couldn't breathe properly.
Congrats bro, nice to hear more people ware quitting this habit.
Congrats. Hope you can stick with it.
Now let's just hope to don't get urges to smoke again, If so try chewing gum, minty kind. That always helps.
Lots of people I know eat if they don't smoke which will kill you just as fast. Obesity has beat the tabacco company's spot out of the number one self caused deaths in America :o
For a lot of people smoking is an impulse for stress. Try getting a stress ball (no joke) I have a few friends who just pressed it, and thought only of it. They said it worked. I myself have never smoked, so I can't help.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
well done, are you using a method or just seeing how long you can go without one for, im intrested to hear this
Congrats man ,, im trying to stop dippin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Benefits of quitting Smoking Habits stephensam 2 1,052 07-08-2020, 01:54 AM
Last Post: viraj
  Quitting smoking? Gerira 30 6,721 03-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Last Post: elliethomas
  Another reason to quit smoking: Vision Loss evewaldorf 1 781 07-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Release4
  [Lifestyle change] From today of I am ... Vito Scaletta 20 3,333 04-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Vito Scaletta
  I don't know whether I should try and quit smoking or not LancerImpact 29 3,793 01-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Shattering -