Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know whether I should try and quit smoking or not
This might seem like a stupid thread for non-smokers but I am sure some smokers can relate.

I have been smoking for about 3 months now.
Canadian smokes, Belmont.

I smoke at least once everyday and I really do enjoy it. I don't know why, I just do.

But on the other hand, I am aware of cancer and other health problems related to smoking.

BUT the thing is, I LIKE smoking. Why should I stop doing what I like?

Man this thread barely makes sense LOL. I just don't know what to do or how to phrase it.
Try to phase out of it gradually instead of all at once. Smoke once every two days for a week; then once every three days then decrease from there until you're barely smoking.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(01-06-2012, 05:06 PM)D3xus Wrote: Try to phase out of it gradually instead of all at once. Smoke once every two days for a week; then once every three days then decrease from there until you're barely smoking.

The thing is though almost everyone I know smokes. It would just be weird if I don't smoke??? I dont know...
Why should you stop doing what you like? You've got to make reasons up for yourself, but if I were in your situation I'd think about the negatives of smoking such as the health problems, yellow teeth and skin, and of course; the smell.

Well it is apparent that you like it and have no intention on stopping. My advice would be to just have one or two a day. That way you would at least be getting that excitement that you want but not putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.

Normally I'd advise people to stop but you seem to have your mind set to keep on going.
[Image: 45031719.jpg]
(01-06-2012, 05:20 PM)Zangetsu Wrote: Well it is apparent that you like it and have no intention on stopping. My advice would be to just have one or two a day. That way you would at least be getting that excitement that you want but not putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.

Normally I'd advise people to stop but you seem to have your mind set to keep on going.

Even doing just 1 or 2 a day gives you a chance to become more addicted. Even if you did 1 or 2 a day, the chance of health problems is there as well.
Quitting would be the best plan. Ask for support from friends an family. The feeling of being supported can help you achieve and succeed.
I'll tell you why you should stop.
Cause you will most likely die at a young age with severe side effects of cancer and other diseases.

(01-06-2012, 05:14 PM)Yellows Wrote: Why should you stop doing what you like? You've got to make reasons up for yourself, but if I were in your situation I'd think about the negatives of smoking such as the health problems, yellow teeth and skin, and of course; the smell.

Yellow teeth and skin, maybe you should start smoking too Yellows Tongue jkjk
Jokes aside, those aspects do not really bother me.

My only fear is cancer. But such a small percentage of smokers get cancer from cigarettes...

I've been telling myself I would quit when it snows.
Its January and no snow lol. Is that a sign?

If you're not 100% committed to stopping, don't even bother trying to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Benefits of quitting Smoking Habits stephensam 2 1,052 07-08-2020, 01:54 AM
Last Post: viraj
  Quitting smoking? Gerira 30 6,721 03-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Last Post: elliethomas
  Another reason to quit smoking: Vision Loss evewaldorf 1 781 07-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Release4
  I've stopped Smoking as of today... Dεlluzion 17 1,783 06-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜDunsparth
  Give Up Smoking Without Having Withdrawal Discomfort brain 0 606 03-07-2011, 01:59 AM
Last Post: brain