Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTIONS] Money Making Online, SF Marketplace, and Reputation
(10-04-2011, 01:47 PM)DΣxus Wrote: A cleanup happened whereas all the staff was removed except for Fragma, the best as far as I can tell.
I don't see the implementation of neg rep happening here anytime soon, it causes enough trouble over at HF as it is.
Neutral rep doesn't affect anybody really, I don't see anything wrong with it.
The marketplace has to have more rules (maybe Omni can implement that vouch system over here.)

Instead of posting irrelevant posts..comment on the suggestions?
(10-04-2011, 02:16 PM)Laugh Wrote: Instead of posting irrelevant posts..comment on the suggestions?
I commented and said I agreed with most of it...
Marketplace = It's somewhat not needed here but I just think it needs to be regulated as to what can and can't be posted.
Money Making Removal = agreed completely.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
I think there are a few simple solutions to each of the points you've mentioned.
For the Money Making Online section and the SF Marketplace, adding a post count requirement before being allowed to even post there (as opposed to just being in place for making threads) would get rid of a lot of the rubbish.
I've put up quite a few domain sale threads there and 90% of posts were along the lines of "good luck with your sales".
(Maybe even remove post count in the marketplace?).

As for the reputation, this has been brought up numerous times over the past 2 years, and I think it's best staying as it is.
Asking for rep isn't against the rules, but those that do ask for it, are most likely not going to get it.
I personally see no problem with the current reputation system in place.
(10-04-2011, 03:24 PM)Fragma Wrote: I think there are a few simple solutions to each of the points you've mentioned.
For the Money Making Online section and the SF Marketplace, adding a post count requirement before being allowed to even post there (as opposed to just being in place for making threads) would get rid of a lot of the rubbish.
I've put up quite a few domain sale threads there and 90% of posts were along the lines of "good luck with your sales".
Maybe even remove post count in the marketplace?).

As for the reputation, this has been brought up numerous times over the past 2 years, and I think it's best staying as it is.
Asking for rep isn't against the rules, but those that do ask for it, are most likely not going to get it.
I personally see no problem with the current reputation system in place.

I agree with Fragma. Members post this because they want to reach 100 posts and get the SF award on HF, I think it's a part of the problem, it's a personal opinion.
To be honest, about the reputation system, I prefer SF than HF, no fighting as such: 'Revenge rep', 'hq user', 'lq user' [...]
I wonder if Omni's looked at this thread yet? Confused
He probably has, but his spike of productivity has dropped.
I like some of the idea's you have listed.
Hopefully they get some consideration.
The ideas are amazing, but for rep is isn't really useful here.
Bumping this up, hopefully something happens.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Gold/Items allowed in Marketplace? Metapod 5 1,460 06-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bandors
  SF Marketplace. Kewlz 0 545 03-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Ideas and Suggestions to Better the Site Hуѕтєяιa X™ 14 2,997 12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Last Post: ★Cooldude★
  My suggestions for Coding Support n00bikscube 3 1,071 11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: ThisIsAThrow
  Reputation Abuse? Planeswalker 11 1,944 09-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Fragma