Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas and Suggestions to Better the Site
Well, I have seen a lot of things saying the site is dying, or just getting worse and worse. I am just going to throw out some ideas and suggestions that could possibly make the site more active, or just better in quality.
If you don't agree, that's fine. I am just thinking and throwing it out there as I go along with it.

More sub sections
As you see, Hack Forums has a ton more sections, which draw everyone's interests in a whole. Maybe start adding more areas to the site. So people have more of a wider spectrum to post and read.

More staff
Why more staff? Well, since Omni isn't on as much as he could be, due to other things that take priority. Staff are a good influence on a site and keep order. Even if it's easy to maintain the site, it's still good to have them around.

New official groups and subscription groups
Omni can make some new ones, or even subscription groups. Just with new sections that people can use, etc. Make things different and interesting. People don't like change, but without change things get dull and overused.

New Theme
This one needs a little freshening up.

If you'd like to add to the list, post below. Maybe something will happen and get more people to come and stick around.
"Don't treat life as a losing battle, but as an ongoing challenge."
[Image: df0oS.png]
- Giving out a few awards to people who really stand out
- Hosting some small contests. The one about the Youtube Tutorial award is good, but there are better ways to go about on contests.
- As an addition to the theme, more specifically, the userbars. They're a little too simple and boring. Not asking for anything fancy or graphical, but maybe slightly bigger and colorful?
I agree with BlackChaos more, I don't really agree with yours Hysteria, I'll post why tomorrow, too tired right now.
I agree that we should change the theme. I also agree with what BlackChaos has to say.
We just need more traffic, we can advertise this forum more then hackforums since support isn't hacking, if that makes sense.
I like these suggestions. Hopefully these get added Smile
More sections will only be useful if people will post in them.
[Image: cooldude.png]

(09-05-2011, 08:36 AM)Orgy Wrote: If you understand what you're doing, you aren't learning anything. ;)
Subforums were added to organize current activity levels. The activity was first. There isn't enough activity in any of the categories to split them up more. If anything we have too many forums which might be slowing our progress.

We don't need more staff. They would have nothing to do. Staff deal with reports. Very little reports actually exist here.

Some new groups maybe but no on the paid subscriber group. Seriously not enough active members here to justify it in any way. I have no goal to bring this site toward an HF based income model. If it happens that way fine but it's not part of the plan.

This theme won't change. I may consider doing css buttons like I did at HF. I'm actually very pleased with them there.

Maybe giving out a few more awards would be nice but really don't want this place full of award whores constantly begging me to get one.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I for one would like to see the CSS buttons implemented here as well. They are pretty nifty and add a certain depth to the forum button system.
As soon as my studies are over, I'll be dedicating more time to my thirst for forums. Hopefully we can create a stir in the SF cosmos and bring in loads of new activity.
I think awards for members who have been here for 2+ years and to members who have dedicated allot of time and posts to SF to maintain the activity levels.

If I could give them to deserving members I would. - Perhaps start a new nomination thread?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Few Ideas Regarding The Rules BreShiE 25 8,773 12-27-2019, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Howwikis
  I have 2 ideas Peter L 4 1,165 12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  My suggestions for Coding Support n00bikscube 3 1,063 11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Last Post: ThisIsAThrow
  [SUGGESTIONS] Money Making Online, SF Marketplace, and Reputation Peter L 18 3,752 10-31-2011, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Peter L
  Some Suggestions Akinova 6 1,205 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity