Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red X's Custom Notepad VERSION 2! Now tabbed and music player included!
(10-29-2009, 04:09 PM)Red X Wrote: Okay Malcomhfc. I will consider using a toolstrip. If I ever have time which I obviously should, I will try to do it.

Thanks. Someone originally in version 1 requested it and I could had sworn it already had a Media Player but I saw it did but that was a beta stage and was never released to the public so I said Why not? and decided to finish it. I actually had another project with a media player in it although it could only play Wav files. This one plays not just all music files but also video. Although for video you can't really view it if your willing to type although I can make it possible but I really do think that is unnecessary.

Thank you all. If I had to compliment myself I would say good job on the Minimize to System Tray feature. I had to search everywhere for that one.

If only having one form open, you could easly add the notifyicon, add a button, double click button and add this code
Code:
Me.Hide()

Simplest way Big Grin
Thats true and then add an icon using notifyicon that will appear in the tray and when click add
Code:
Me.Show()

But you mentioned a button. That may have been the simplest way to do it but I didn't want a button. I just wanted it so if they press the minimize button it would go into the tray and simply then adding a message box notifying the user of it being in the tray which for the advanced user type, could get annoying.
[Image: ouwg0slq0vtagvzl4u8w.jpg]

Giveaway of the Day: [Image: ticker1.png]
it looks cool. Im going to give it a try ;]
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
(10-27-2009, 12:30 PM)♣Ħ€αя┼brℯ@k k!d♣ Wrote: could i have source code ?

Sorry, but no. There is a tutorial on how to make a tabbed notepad here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7LbAPsks...C&index=33

You should notice that mine is still different from the tutorials program. That is because all that has been added to mine was from my imagination.

@ QbanBoy

You should try it and remember, this program is always updating with cool new features!

i'll try this..hope i like this program.
[Image: awilfmasig.png]

Welcome back, awil. You last visited: 07-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Current time: 09-30-2012, 05:52 PM
You should like it.

Nice I guess, but you should really make it so you can save it as *.txt

Also, the music player doesn't work.

Here is the error I get:

[Image: 15zjxc5.png]

When you click continue it just closes the notepad.
I am not an expert on those issues so I really can't help you. I'm sorry. There are plenty of experts though who should know why. I'm just guessing that it has to do with your Windows media player version.

Edit: I will make a button that saves it to .txt file but it will be confusing with the tabs. Any suggestions?

You could make it so you right click on a tab and it has the option to save as .txt?
That's very true. I will consider it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  W7 Diag Tool v2.01 - New Version - Developed by AceInfinity AceInfinity 7 2,993 02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane
  [Release] Shutdown Timer (My Version) euverve 13 3,992 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Last Post: euverve
  [Rlease] Advanced Notepad Chelloa 11 2,777 10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: John.
  AcePad (New Notepad Plus +) AceInfinity 11 4,982 08-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Scream
  Notepad Plus + v2.5 [Coded by Ace] AceInfinity 94 23,753 08-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Scream