Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red X's Custom Notepad VERSION 2! Now tabbed and music player included!
I really am sorry for making another thread but I hate when it says, " You cannot edit posts within 1440 minutes of posting" when it has already been 3 days. I don't know...You guys do the math

Anyways I'm here with Version 2.

This is like the normal notepad but better. A sort-of better interface, you can save import and close of course like normal notepad. But here you can add color, change font, undo redo copy paste clear select all....

Very easy to use and I would prefer this over the original notepad as it looks cleaner like I said about the interface and adding color and formatting.

Pictures
[Image: getimage.aspx?uid=55b8acf4-b93e-4abe-bdc...reen&sub=1]

Download Now!

No Viruses

proof no viruses: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult...5026ee7030

Code:
Scanners
[ArcaVir]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [G DATA]     
2009-10-10 Found nothing
[A-Squared]     
2009-10-10 Found nothing
    [Ikarus]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
[Avast! antivirus]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [Kaspersky Anti-Virus]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
[Grisoft AVG Anti-Virus]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [ESET NOD32]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
[Avira AntiVir]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [Norman Virus Control]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
[Softwin BitDefender]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [Panda Antivirus]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
[ClamAV]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [Quick Heal]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
[CPsecure]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [Sophos]     
2009-10-10 Found nothing
[Dr.Web]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [VirusBlokAda VBA32]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
[Frisk F-Prot Antivirus]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
    [VirusBuster]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing
[F-Secure Anti-Virus]     
2009-10-09 Found nothing

Filename:      Red X's Custom Advanced Notepad.exe
Scan finished. 0 out of 21 scanners reported malware.
Scan taken on:      Sat 10 Oct 2009 01:31:30 (CET) Permalink

I have plans for the next release such as:

An option to minimize to system tray ( I really want to work on this and if anything this is the first thing I'm working on..)
Fixing up the media player ( This should happen if I'm not lazy)
A better logo (It may happen and it may not)
Making it so it saves and loads all the tabs...(Maybe possible and not but I doubt this is going to happen..Sorry)

As of right now the download link has been removed due to a simple update...It should be there an at least an hour.. Please be patient.

Oh yeah and I'm also getting a website for it.
[Image: ouwg0slq0vtagvzl4u8w.jpg]

Giveaway of the Day: [Image: ticker1.png]
I personally think that a new thread is the best option for you anyway. Your other would just get cluttered.

Do you want me to close your other thread? There probably isn't a need to keep it open now.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Haha, this program is getting ridiculous!

I can see why your doing everything but the music player is a bit pointless?

What codecs can it play?
Awesome mate, lol next it'll launch nuclear missles remotely xD

And like extasey said, what codecs can you play? and if someone wanted to add another codec, is that possible?
/thread
I guess he could make patches!

Is it a standalone .exe or does it require installation?
It is not an installation. One person in the other thread requested a media player. I thought I already had it in the release but I only had it in a beta test so I said why not? It's basically Windows Media Player so it plays a lot of files including of course video.

Thank you Skill. Yes if you wouldn't mind closing the other thread.

As I always say, and shall once more, thank you all for your support.

Hey guys! I have great news! Just like I said I was planning to make it so it could go in the system tray in the first post, I actually did it. I looked at so many tutorials and it was really complicated but I saw a youtube video and it was so simple. I spent hours reading and searching for text tutorials forgetting all about youtube ! Now when you launch the program an icon is in the system tray. Click the icon once or minimize the program and the program goes into the tray and you get a message telling you that it is in the system tray. Click the icon and it maximizes.

Wow...I can't edit it again. This is insane!

Download the most recent version here with the system tray icon here: http://www.multiupload.com/01V5EW4BK7

could i have source code ?
First of. I think you should add a toolstrip. Those buttons look unprofessional.

Secondly, its intresting to have a music player it in lol Tongue

But overall nice Big Grin
Okay Malcomhfc. I will consider using a toolstrip. If I ever have time which I obviously should, I will try to do it.

Thanks. Someone originally in version 1 requested it and I could had sworn it already had a Media Player but I saw it did but that was a beta stage and was never released to the public so I said Why not? and decided to finish it. I actually had another project with a media player in it although it could only play Wav files. This one plays not just all music files but also video. Although for video you can't really view it if your willing to type although I can make it possible but I really do think that is unnecessary.

Thank you all. If I had to compliment myself I would say good job on the Minimize to System Tray feature. I had to search everywhere for that one.

thanks for this, its really neat, are you ever going to release the source code to this?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  W7 Diag Tool v2.01 - New Version - Developed by AceInfinity AceInfinity 7 2,978 02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Denny Crane
  [Release] Shutdown Timer (My Version) euverve 13 3,913 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Last Post: euverve
  [Rlease] Advanced Notepad Chelloa 11 2,753 10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Last Post: John.
  AcePad (New Notepad Plus +) AceInfinity 11 4,950 08-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Scream
  Notepad Plus + v2.5 [Coded by Ace] AceInfinity 94 23,619 08-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Scream