Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rlease] Advanced Notepad
So i just finished studying Batch. And now i moved on to visual basics. I started out by making this program here.

Notation
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?226bd30097pptzt

Virus Scan:
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/repo...1317182707

Source:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qkbeai36ge3ytg2

Notation! Notation is a program designed to save written information.
[Image: ddddf.png]

Notation Features

New,Open,Save,Exit
[Image: nteopensaveexit.png]

Undo,Redo,cut,copy,paste,clear,select all
[Image: undoredocutcopypasteclearselect.png]

Color and Font Formatting
[Image: colorandfont.png]

Noation is not supposed to be Notepad's competition. It's simply a project to improve my coding abilities. Notation is coded in visual basics. It's completely open source.

~Unify

Do you think you can share the source? I want to learn this
(09-27-2011, 09:31 PM)Infested Terran Wrote: Do you think you can share the source? I want to learn this

Oh you mean how i made it? sure The source to the program is in the post. But here's the tutorial i followed to make it.

The dudes pretty fast. So you'll need to pause a lot.
(09-27-2011, 09:24 PM)Unify Wrote: It's a great innovative project.

Do you know what the word innovative means?

And why not just use Notepad? With more features.
(09-28-2011, 12:16 PM)Laugh Wrote: Do you know what the word innovative means?

And why not just use Notepad? With more features.

Yea i do. Innovative is something placed to help compete. For instance without Verizon, at&t would have no reason to try harder.
That's where innovation comes from there. What it is, is introducing new ideas,new features, stuff of these sorts.

Obviously this notepad is not innovative. I was just trying to sound professional. Theirs no reason to be a dick.

Also i changed the thread description, i didn't realize there were people like you that are roaming the forum.

"And why not just use Notepad? With more features. "

Use notepad. Like i said i'm not going or trying to compete with them. I was simply practicing some VB commands to enhance my knowledge on it. And i decided to release it to be nice. Maybe people will like this program i dunno.

It's kind of like choosing mac over windows. Even though windows is much better(IMO) some people will just like mac, just because they hate windows or they just want something else.

Same with this, some people might hate notepad or want something new. Either way i could careless if no one downloads it. This was just a fun project i did.
I wasn't being a dick, I figured if you were trying to compete (which I wasn't sure of) you would need to properly answer the question "Why not just use Notepad" so you can add more features to it.
(09-28-2011, 01:23 PM)Laugh Wrote: I wasn't being a dick, I figured if you were trying to compete (which I wasn't sure of) you would need to properly answer the question "Why not just use Notepad" so you can add more features to it.

Oh ok. Sorry about calling you a dick. Just felt that you were being rude.
Very simple, but it's still a great starter program.
Thanks for the share. The code for the buttons will come to use.
Does this support syntax highlighting?

Nice release though, if it doesn't support syntax highlighting then you should look up how to use RegEx's

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [VB.NET] Advanced MessageBox Control BlackSpider 14 11,126 03-04-2015, 11:22 PM
Last Post: longwest
  [SOURCE] Advanced Webcam Viewer TalishHF 4 3,456 08-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Last Post: dark_move
  [TUT]Creating Advanced Web Browser with Awesome Theme Imaking31 0 1,320 05-25-2013, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Imaking31
  Free Advanced Port Scanner SOURCE [ VB.NET ] Filefinder 6 5,308 01-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Last Post: TalishHF
  How To make an advanced Operating System in Visual Basic 2010 ? Mohamed Samir 9 11,497 01-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Resistance