Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthy way too..
(07-24-2011, 04:09 PM)Ace Wrote: Dieting too much ends up in dieting problems with some people because they find it's easier than working out, and a sad shortcut to a worse alternative. That is how anorexic people start. You don't need to cut a diet, you just need to moderate your intake of food, and eat the proper things. More fruit, more vegetables, and a variety from the food group, with less meat preferably.

Cardio burns muscle? :S I don't know where you got that information from though... Cardio doesn't burn muscle, however you loose muscle when you get older after around 25 years of age if you don't work on your strength exercises. Cardio "leans" you out by toning the fat down around your muscles, it doesn't take away from your muscle.

Gaining muscle is by tearing muscle tissues and letting them recover, cardio won't have any reverse effect on that. It can kill muscle gains but doesn't reduce your muscle. It only stops more of your gain in muscle because proteins are broken down.

I said doing hours of cardio a day will burn muscle, unless you stop in the middle to consume some BCAAs and EAAs or a serving of meat, your body will be demanding essential amino acids and protein and it will turn to your muscles to get it.

A deficit of 500 calories is a perfectly safe way to lean out and far more effective than a rigorous cardio regime, it is by no means going to make you anorexic, I have no idea where you're getting that from but you're completely off base with that.

Not to mention you say less meat, even though you need plenty of protein when trying to slim down, whether by cardio or diet, otherwise your body will turn to your muscle for that and you will lose muscle.

Losing weight is calories in versus calories out, you can do all the cardio you want if your diet is not on track and consistent, it is 100% useless.

Obviously a combination of both will yield the best results but a diet alone can provide excellent results whereas cardio cannot.
(07-24-2011, 04:39 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: A deficit of 500 calories is a perfectly safe way to lean out and far more effective than a rigorous cardio regime, it is by no means going to make you anorexic, I have no idea where you're getting that from but you're completely off base with that.

I didn't ask for you to make me look like i'm a complete fool with this stuff, so please stop acting like you know everything associated with healthy weight loss. What I did mean, is that people who are desperately trying to loose weight won't stop at that 500 calorie intake deduction. Some go out of control with how much they cut down on, to try and make the process go faster, thus how some anorexic people start their journey to an unhealthy lifestyle. If 500 is a guideline, all they need to realize is to moderate their intake, and significantly reduce all the junk food that they probably eat. For some, the reason is their metabolism, which they can't really help.

(07-24-2011, 04:39 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Not to mention you say less meat, even though you need plenty of protein when trying to slim down, whether by cardio or diet, otherwise your body will turn to your muscle for that and you will lose muscle.

Meat doesn't just come with proteins, and there are better sources to get protein. Meat also contains lots of fats, so having too much of it won't do you too much good if you're trying to diet well. Eggs have tons of protein in them.

(07-24-2011, 04:39 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Losing weight is calories in versus calories out, you can do all the cardio you want if your diet is not on track and consistent, it is 100% useless.

Obviously a combination of both will yield the best results but a diet alone can provide excellent results whereas cardio cannot.

That's why i'd consider it a combination of both, just going on a diet isn't very good for you, you can burn calories with cardio, meaning that cardio isn't as uneffective as you portray it to be. It also has good health benefits aside from just loosing weight that reducing the amount of calories you get doesn't do for you, if you're trying to compare the two here.

I never did say "Straight cardio" so you're only explaining what I was trying to say, but maybe I didn't say it in a very understandable way

The truth here is that no exact method works for everyone. People have different habits, personalities (motivation to exercise or not for example), metabolisms, etc... You need to find a way that works for you, and one that you can stick with. There's only guidelines as to what you can do to achieve these kinds of results. People with lower metabolisms, might have to eat even less than people with higher metabolisms. Ever seen any weight loss shows, and it's part of the reason why people on the same methods don't get all similar results.
(07-24-2011, 05:44 PM)Ace Wrote: I didn't ask for you to make me look like i'm a complete fool with this stuff, so please stop acting like you know everything associated with healthy weight loss. What I did mean, is that people who are desperately trying to loose weight won't stop at that 500 calorie intake deduction. Some go out of control with how much they cut down on, to try and make the process go faster, thus how some anorexic people start their journey to an unhealthy lifestyle. If 500 is a guideline, all they need to realize is to moderate their intake, and significantly reduce all the junk food that they probably eat. For some, the reason is their metabolism, which they can't really help.

(07-24-2011, 04:39 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Not to mention you say less meat, even though you need plenty of protein when trying to slim down, whether by cardio or diet, otherwise your body will turn to your muscle for that and you will lose muscle.
Meat doesn't just come with proteins, and there are better sources to get protein. Meat also contains lots of fats, so having too much of it won't do you too much good if you're trying to diet well. Eggs have tons of protein in them.

(07-24-2011, 04:39 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Losing weight is calories in versus calories out, you can do all the cardio you want if your diet is not on track and consistent, it is 100% useless.

That's why i'd consider it a combination of both, just going on a diet isn't very good for you, you can burn calories with cardio, meaning that cardio isn't as uneffective as you portray it to be. It also has good health benefits aside from just loosing weight that reducing the amount of calories you get doesn't do for you, if you're trying to compare the two here.

I never did say "Straight cardio" so you're only explaining what I was trying to say, but maybe I didn't say it in a very understandable way

The truth here is that no exact method works for everyone. People have different habits, personalities (motivation to exercise or not for example), metabolisms, etc... You need to find a way that works for you, and one that you can stick with. There's only guidelines as to what you can do to achieve these kinds of results. People with lower metabolisms, might have to eat even less than people with higher metabolisms. Ever seen any weight loss shows, and it's part of the reason why people on the same methods don't get all similar results.

I could just as well state that cardio can be hazardous because they can run all day and flop over and die, that doesn't mean cardio is an ill advised program, it just means the individual in question isn't that bright, the same applies to people choosing bigger calorie deficits, it's not a flaw in the practice it's a flaw in the practitioner.

That's why the 500 calorie deficit is there, that is your maintenance calories-500, your maintenance takes into account your weight/height and activity levels etc., I am aware of the fact that not every method works for everyone but assuming you don't have a serious thyroid illness, a caloric deficit WILL bring results.

As to the meat thing, I'm not sure where you get your information from on that, chicken, turkey and fish all contain less fat and more protein than eggs, not to mention most dairy sources are loaded with carbohydrates, making them a poor choice to base your protein intake off of.
Ace is correct, cardio will do the trick.
(07-24-2011, 06:12 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: As to the meat thing, I'm not sure where you get your information from on that, chicken, turkey and fish all contain less fat and more protein than eggs, not to mention most dairy sources are loaded with carbohydrates, making them a poor choice to base your protein intake off of.

If you do some research it's basically in a 1:10 ratio for carbohydrates to proteins in eggs. It's a very low carbohydrate diet.

"Eggs contain about 6 grams of high quality protein, so high that it is used as the standard by which other foods are measured. Eggs are also a rich source of vitamins, including A, E and K and a range of B vitamins such as B12 (energy), riboflavin and folic acid. Eggs also contain all eight essential amino acids needed for optimal muscle recovery and building valuable minerals like calcium, zinc and iron."
Shitty foods as in...bad tasting, or bad for you? You should eat the bad tasting, good foods.

Run - I promise you'll lose weight.
Eggs are also considered to have such a low carbohydrate level/high protein level that there's a method i'm reading about even called "The egg diet". All of which is new to me, but I knew about eggs in general from before.
More cardio and better diet, got it.

Btw, another question..

I accidently ate a bit to much today... 5 slices of pizza and 1 litre of pop. This is the most i've ever had
and it was because it was so f*cking hot that the pizza made me very thirsty. I realize it was a dumb move
to consume that much pop instead of water. Is it possible to just skip breakfast for tommorow or whatever
so my body can burn all the calories off?
(07-24-2011, 08:31 PM)Ace Wrote: If you do some research it's basically in a 1:10 ratio for carbohydrates to proteins in eggs. It's a very low carbohydrate diet.

"Eggs contain about 6 grams of high quality protein, so high that it is used as the standard by which other foods are measured. Eggs are also a rich source of vitamins, including A, E and K and a range of B vitamins such as B12 (energy), riboflavin and folic acid. Eggs also contain all eight essential amino acids needed for optimal muscle recovery and building valuable minerals like calcium, zinc and iron."
I never said anything about carbs in eggs if you actually read my post, I said other dairy products, such as cheese, milk etc.

They still contain both saturated and unsaturated fats as well as having cholesterol in them, this can be avoided by only eating the whites but then you lose out on almost all of the vitamins and minerals you mentioned, what I said is true, lean meats are a far better protein source than eggs.

Someone of a decent size is not going to get enough protein to prevent catabolism from eggs alone, let alone enough to try to build muscle, if that were their goal.

(07-24-2011, 09:15 PM)spY[3Mo] Wrote: More cardio and better diet, got it.

Btw, another question..

I accidently ate a bit to much today... 5 slices of pizza and 1 litre of pop. This is the most i've ever had
and it was because it was so f*cking hot that the pizza made me very thirsty. I realize it was a dumb move
to consume that much pop instead of water. Is it possible to just skip breakfast for tommorow or whatever

Rather than skipping it have a light breakfast, some oatmeal or something.
(07-24-2011, 10:12 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: I never said anything about carbs in eggs if you actually read my post, I said other dairy products, such as cheese, milk etc.

They still contain both saturated and unsaturated fats as well as having cholesterol in them, this can be avoided by only eating the whites but then you lose out on almost all of the vitamins and minerals you mentioned, what I said is true, lean meats are a far better protein source than eggs.

Someone of a decent size is not going to get enough protein to prevent catabolism from eggs alone, let alone enough to try to build muscle, if that were their goal.

(07-24-2011, 09:15 PM)spY[3Mo] Wrote: More cardio and better diet, got it.

Btw, another question..

Rather than skipping it have a light breakfast, some oatmeal or something.

Quote:not to mention most dairy sources are loaded with carbohydrates

You didn't say "other" at all in your post, you said "most" so I was trying to rule out eggs from your statement.

Quote:Someone of a decent size is not going to get enough protein to prevent catabolism from eggs alone, let alone enough to try to build muscle, if that were their goal.

Just like any food I believe though, you're not going to get your full intake of a certain vitamine or anything else just by eating one food though, it's a combination of your meals from breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacktimes.

Quote:Rather than skipping it have a light breakfast, some oatmeal or something.

This i'd agree with because breakfast is the most important meal of the day undoubtedly after sleep. Speaking from a general health perspective though. You don't have to skip any meals as far as i'm concerned, just moderate them so that the total amount isn't that ridiculous by the end of the day (adding together all your meals). Reduce snack times as well, and make sure they consist of "good" food.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight loss healthy meal plans Stevejoseph 1 1,081 07-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Post: adamssofia
  "what are some steps to a healthy life?" Gregarious 20 5,233 07-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Assertmeds
  Eating Healthy Baked 16 2,382 10-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: ranzuWCB
  Is it healthy? Party 14 1,570 12-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Cyba
  What do you eat as a healthy snack? FamousMassacre 21 3,287 10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Prince