Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthy way too..
(07-24-2011, 10:39 PM)Ace Wrote:
Quote:not to mention most dairy sources are loaded with carbohydrates

You didn't say "other" at all in your post, you said "most" so I was trying to rule out eggs from your statement.

Just like any food I believe though, you're not going to get your full intake of a certain vitamine or anything else just by eating one food though, it's a combination of your meals from breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacktimes.

Quote:Rather than skipping it have a light breakfast, some oatmeal or something.
This i'd agree with because breakfast is the most important meal of the day undoubtedly after sleep. Speaking from a general health perspective though. You don't have to skip any meals as far as i'm concerned, just moderate them so that the total amount isn't that ridiculous by the end of the day (adding together all your meals). Reduce snack times as well, and make sure they consist of "good" food.

It depends I suppose, I don't bother with eggs any more, not enough protein for someone my size and with my goals.

I supplement my vitamins since realistically you need a pretty specific and exotic diet to get exactly what you need for the day in the proper amounts, it's almost impossible. Of course that's me and not what I recommend by any means.
(07-24-2011, 11:35 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: You didn't say "other" at all in your post, you said "most" so I was trying to rule out eggs from your statement.

Just like any food I believe though, you're not going to get your full intake of a certain vitamine or anything else just by eating one food though, it's a combination of your meals from breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacktimes.

Quote:Rather than skipping it have a light breakfast, some oatmeal or something.
This i'd agree with because breakfast is the most important meal of the day undoubtedly after sleep. Speaking from a general health perspective though. You don't have to skip any meals as far as i'm concerned, just moderate them so that the total amount isn't that ridiculous by the end of the day (adding together all your meals). Reduce snack times as well, and make sure they consist of "good" food.

It depends I suppose, I don't bother with eggs any more, not enough protein for someone my size and with my goals.

I supplement my vitamins since realistically you need a pretty specific and exotic diet to get exactly what you need for the day in the proper amounts, it's almost impossible. Of course that's me and not what I recommend by any means.

[/quote]

6grams is fairly small, but considering the fomula for amount of protein per day that people should intake is equal to the persons weight in pounds as a gram equivilant, if you had eggs for breakfast, that's a fairly good start, 2-4 eggs, would be around 12-24 grams right off the bat.

supplements are good, there's also a time factor for people nowadays. We go to work, have to worry about daily responsabilities like going shopping for more food, taking the garbage out, etc... All added up for the daily things, that doesn't leave people lots of time to think about what they eat, or how much they are getting. More difficult task than you can assume. It becomes more achievable if you have other people doing it for you so that you don't have to multi-task as much > (Having a wife that makes dinner for you when you get home).

Thread is way off topic though now lol, so I won't continue with any more ramble. I can guarantee that people are lucky if they get the proper amounts of anything in nutrients that they need for at least 1 day out of the week though. Not many do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weight loss healthy meal plans Stevejoseph 1 1,081 07-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Last Post: adamssofia
  "what are some steps to a healthy life?" Gregarious 20 5,233 07-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Assertmeds
  Eating Healthy Baked 16 2,382 10-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: ranzuWCB
  Is it healthy? Party 14 1,549 12-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Cyba
  What do you eat as a healthy snack? FamousMassacre 21 3,285 10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Prince