Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting a new netbook
http://www.jr.com/acer-computer/pe/ACE_AS3810TZ488/

You will NOT beat that deal.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-20-2009, 12:12 AM)Omniscient Wrote: http://www.jr.com/acer-computer/pe/ACE_AS3810TZ488/

You will NOT beat that deal.

I apologize if this isn't useful or contributive... But holy crap...
The Acer Timeline Family are godly. They ultimately bypasses every netbook easily! (Note: Battery Time..)

"You will NOT beat that deal. "

-No you won't Smile
Is there anyone who is actually reading why I made the original topic. I am not looking for opinions on which laptop to get. I'm asking for advice when reverting a Vista laptop to a Linux system.
Oh. Perhaps make that information more visible next time?

Well, you could Dual-Boot Vista with Linux (Although that will take some space) Or you could install Linux on a seperate Partiton and reformat the Vista Partiton.

Did this help? Smile
(10-21-2009, 10:19 AM)Etheryte Wrote: Is there anyone who is actually reading why I made the original topic. I am not looking for opinions on which laptop to get. I'm asking for advice when reverting a Vista laptop to a Linux system.

Well maybe a better title and not a misleading opening statement. You tucked in your question about dual-boot almost as an afterthought.

The reality is that most large brand computer manufacturers release linux compatible systems. Linux and even FreeBSD have a large driver library to run on just about any hardware. The only exception might be oddball hardware or extremely new technology.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I put it in Linux help at first, because that's what I was actually looking for, sorry if the information wasn't findable on a fast glimpse.
My main concern is, is there a need to back up my drivers, in case the distro doesn't support everything out of the box?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,837 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook radushewici 2 1,766 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate Omniscient 124 45,132 07-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Business.Gov
  Speeding up Netbook Echelonex 11 3,573 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Viruz
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,311 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz