Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speeding up Netbook
Hi, i was wondering is there any way to speed up my small Netbook:
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/...05-N508GN/

I keep him clean as the day bought, but is there a way i can overclock him or something...? I know for GMAbooster but it isn't out yet for x3100 series...Tongue And Bios doesn't give me options for twiching it a little...Mad

Any ideas...?
Oh, and i tried spedboost with my 8GB Patriot exporter XT USB, but it doesn't help with performance...Tongue It runs Win 7 by the way...Big Grin
I don't think there any way cause it's a netbook.Just get a laptop if u have the money.
Or better, buy a desktop if you don't need the portability, I'm definitely against netbooks, they're just toys.
I already own Desktop PC, but i have one small netbook because of his portability and i will by 1 laptop when i sign up for coledge...i just want to take maximum from my netbook. For example, i instaled Grand Chase and it works smoothly but on mid settings, i wanna set it to max...and it starts lagging after 1 hour of playing, so ...things like that..
Would it be faster if i had installed win xp?
(06-21-2011, 05:53 PM)Echelonex Wrote: I already own Desktop PC, but i have one small netbook because of his portability and i will by 1 laptop when i sign up for coledge...i just want to take maximum from my netbook. For example, i instaled Grand Chase and it works smoothly but on mid settings, i wanna set it to max...and it starts lagging after 1 hour of playing, so ...things like that..
Would it be faster if i had installed win xp?

No I don't think the OS what do the trick.Download CCleaner and use it every month or week.It will make your netbook fast.
i would buy a cheap laptop instead of a netbook so you can better customize it.
If it's possible to overclock them yes, but I don't think it is. Just get a laptop/desktop.
[Image: 259.png]
(07-28-2011, 03:49 AM)Analyze™ Wrote: If it's possible to overclock them yes, but I don't think it is. Just get a laptop/desktop.

You don't think it is? it's definitely possible, but most netbooks would probably overheat.
I'd build a Pc If I was you It's worth it.
(06-21-2011, 05:57 PM)RiChZ Wrote: No I don't think the OS what do the trick.Download CCleaner and use it every month or week.It will make your netbook fast.
Sure it would. XP is much less of a resource hog than Vista and Win7, and would run faster without a doubt.
I recommend looking into TinyXP. Or if you don't need to be using windows, maybe try out some Linux distributions... DSL (damn small linux) will boot up in under 10 seconds on most computers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does my netbook lag after 5 minutes of gameplay? d1ey0u 5 1,803 05-23-2019, 02:55 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  Can't boot MSI Wind U100 Netbook radushewici 2 1,740 05-23-2019, 02:53 AM
Last Post: JabirSheikh
  The Great Laptop vs Netbook Debate Omniscient 124 44,615 07-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Business.Gov
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,259 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz
  Netbook wireless driver Alex Last 1 1,691 04-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Elitestate