Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
What is good about Windows Vista?
hmmm.. computer war!
Xp is better!
vista is bad!
windows 7= Destroy them both(so far)
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
I've never really gotten why so many people had problems with vista, although i never used it before SP1. I've never run into any compatibility problems, and the only time i've gotten a bsod is when undervolting and going too far.

Not saying anyone here is doing this, but most of the time i heard people say vista sucks, they had no reason as to why, they just heard it was bad and wanted to sound like they knew what they were talking about.(mainly taken from real life situations) I had a friend like that, saying "Vista is horrible" or "why do you use vista? it's so bad", but when he got Vista on a new comp he loved it
I have an Arch and Vista machine. Since Vista came with the laptop, I just disabled UAC and Securty Center, and uninstalled McAfee.
I have no virus protection and no other security features to 'help' me and it's still in perfect working order without any viruses.
If you're responsible with your Windows installation, you won't get many viruses... otherwise, leave the security settings intact.
(10-05-2009, 09:14 PM)AL3X Wrote: I've never really gotten why so many people had problems with vista, although i never used it before SP1. I've never run into any compatibility problems, and the only time i've gotten a bsod is when undervolting and going too far.

Not saying anyone here is doing this, but most of the time i heard people say vista sucks, they had no reason as to why, they just heard it was bad and wanted to sound like they knew what they were talking about.(mainly taken from real life situations) I had a friend like that, saying "Vista is horrible" or "why do you use vista? it's so bad", but when he got Vista on a new comp he loved it
Yeah, that was mainly it... And those Apple commercials. I am not saying the issues in Vista were never there, but they certainly aren't there anymore... I have had many friends who said they hate Vista, but have never used it. I asked why, and they have nothing to say other than, "I hate it". Then, some of my friends got new computers with Vista on it, and they said, "Oh alright, Vista isn't that bad." Tongue
(10-05-2009, 08:46 PM)QBANBOY407 Wrote: hmmm.. computer war!
Xp is better!
vista is bad!
windows 7= Destroy them both(so far)

I agree completely.
Only thing good about Vista is the badass GUI.
(10-04-2009, 09:13 PM)MreGSX Wrote: The retail build (7600) was leaked a while back. I downloaded it illegally.
That had some nasty code in some unalterable place, you should be careful on that.
/thread
Vista really sucks. All programs crash, switch to Windows 7, really.
Windows Vista is a total piece of crap, along with the Windows 7.

Long live XP.
Overall i like the aero interface. also, although many people dislike Vista's UAC, i like it, it provides an extra layer of security, though it can be a bit annoying when it pops up during a game and causing the game to crash or freeze. in the 2 months i've had my laptop i've gotten 2 BSOD that were caused by UAC, i'll be getting Win 7 ~Legally~ when it comes out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reset Vista Password for I Forgot Vista Password loaraa 2 1,239 12-13-2019, 02:17 AM
Last Post: emma162
  Who uses Vista? And how much do you hate it! XD ImFocuzz 83 25,393 02-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  Vista Task Manager Scorpion 8 3,296 08-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Athostle
  Patch vista themes? `P R O D I G Y™ 4 1,089 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Chimi
  Vista can't talk Annuit Coeptis 7 1,493 09-24-2010, 04:57 AM
Last Post: mmki