Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vista can't talk
I am using vista ultimate. I recently tried to play a video, and to my displeasure, I was unable to hear anything. The video would play just fine but without sound. I tried using a different media player, first it was Nero Showtime then I tried VLC player. Both would only play the video.

I checked my codecs and have determined that they are up to date. If that isn't confusing enough, sound from skype and video on the internet still work fine.

I can't play mp3 files either. WMP says it's playing but I can't hear anything. I checked the drivers on the audio, and those are up to date too.

I am left baffled at this brattiness that vista is giving me. Any ideas?

Please and thank you.
Perhaps that video was missing the audio? Unless you have tried playing other videos, because if so that's an oddball issue.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
Thats freakin weird.

Try re installing the drivers.
I figured out what it was. Apparently I had an outdated program that was supposed to work with my speakers and webcam and the program was using up the speakers to not allow me to play anything besides web content. And skype.

Thanks just the same though.
Try going to the site for your computer model,
and re-download the drivers.
I've had the same problem with this also,
but It can say that the drivers are up to date
but they really may not be.
updating your driver might help
(03-07-2010, 11:59 PM)Foresight Wrote: Perhaps that video was missing the audio? Unless you have tried playing other videos, because if so that's an oddball issue.

I had that problem when I transfered ubuntu on to my laptop.
SIGNATURE TOO BIG
Have you recently upgraded?
If so update your drivers or you will be running in to alot of errors
[Image: blanktemplate.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reset Vista Password for I Forgot Vista Password loaraa 2 1,223 12-13-2019, 02:17 AM
Last Post: emma162
  Who uses Vista? And how much do you hate it! XD ImFocuzz 83 24,482 02-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  Vista Task Manager Scorpion 8 3,228 08-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Athostle
  What is good about Windows Vista? QBANBOY407 85 34,421 01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Last Post: iBored1x1
  Patch vista themes? `P R O D I G Y™ 4 1,072 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Chimi