Support Forums

Full Version: Debate week #1 Begins now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well hello people here at support forums,
earlier this month a made a topic about debating teams. I received pretty good responses from it. This encourages me to go make this topic. Please take this topic seriously and don't flame. Since this is the first week we are going to see how it is going to turn out. I really hope omni see's this. If any of you are close to omni please tell him to visit this thread.

Now onto the real discussion:
Week #1 topic of debating is :
Fate vs. Free Will (idea from infinity)
This can have a lot of different meanings to it. Feel free to take this how ever you want. Between today and Tuesday i have to write an essay on this particular topic actually. So i will be posting it here when I am done. So everybody please post and have fun.
remember the topic is Fate vs. Free will
If you need ideas to get your thinking going think about two movies. One being romeo and Juliet and the other being the matrix.

Kk now this is my take on the whole spin: ( will be replaced with my essay when complete) I think in the greater means of thing, fate is more of a factor. Reasons being the fact that all will is determined by the fate the for lays the choice. So if you were to decide to go fishing one day that is a matter of choice. But this is all determined by fate because if you were born without arms, how would you be able to choice.

To get the juices flowing this week i am also going to do a brief paragraph about the other side.

Without choices fate wouldn't matter. Everything would be predetermined defeating the purpose of life, so without choice there would be no fate in this world. If the world was determined by only fate we would have never evolved or have cravings. Without choice humans could not possible exist because we only exist through choice. We chose to eat, we chose to hunt.
I believe that Free Will is an illusion of our unavoidable fate. Like a blindfold that has been pulled over a persons eyes to mask the truth. Free Will, no matter how much we think we mold our future, will always bend to lead us in the path to our pre-destined fate. I mentioned that it could be related to GPS in the other thread.

Being able to have the option of taking several routes, only to arrive at the same destination down the road. We're just puppets in the circle of time being guided towards the finish line.
(03-12-2011, 12:45 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that Free Will is an illusion of our unavoidable fate. Like a blindfold that has been pulled over a persons eyes to mask the truth. Free Will, no matter how much we think we mold our future, will always bend to lead us in the path to our pre-destined fate. I mentioned that it could be related to GPS in the other thread.

Being able to have the option of taking several routes, only to arrive at the same destination down the road. We're just puppets in the circle of time being guided towards the finish line.
But what is fate? Fate to me is what is going to happen to influnce our loves. I think most people will agree with that right? well if everything is left to fate than how is it even fate. Everything is fabricated when we have no choice, thats not fate, its future.
(03-12-2011, 12:48 AM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]But what is fate? Fate to me is what is going to happen to influnce our loves. I think most people will agree with that right? well if everything is left to fate than how is it even fate. Everything is fabricated when we have no choice, thats not fate, its future.

Fate is future, like time is future, it exists in present, past, and future. "Influence our loves"? lol I think you meant influence our "lives" but I understand what you meant. I don't think it has an influence on our lives though, it's just pre-written. It is what is influencing our lives.

Every second in time is like a stepping stone closer to a pre-destined outcome whether we try to avoid it or not. Fate has already written out our actions whether we choose to believe our actions are created by free will or not. Fate is the one that gives us false hope of having the opportunity to make our own decisions in life. That's illusion.
(03-12-2011, 12:58 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Fate is future, like time is future, it exists in present, past, and future. "Influence our loves"? lol I think you meant influence our "lives" but I understand what you meant. I don't think it has an influence on our lives though, it's just pre-written. It is what is influencing our lives.

Every second in time is like a stepping stone closer to a pre-destined outcome whether we try to avoid it or not. Fate has already written out our actions whether we choose to believe our actions are created by free will or not. Fate is the one that gives us false hope of having the opportunity to make our own decisions in life. That's illusion.
yea i was typing a bit to fast there. But dam i gotta think of a way to come back from that. There is a way but your logic is assumptions ( not really but you know what i mean right?) so i can't really find a way that is totally ill logical as of know. I have to think this over.
(03-12-2011, 01:06 AM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]yea i was typing a bit to fast there. But dam i gotta think of a way to come back from that. There is a way but your logic is assumptions ( not really but you know what i mean right?) so i can't really find a way that is totally ill logical as of know. I have to think this over.

Well, as of this period in time, we don't have the knowledge to prove what we say for this topic, it's all just theories, and trying to make reasonable connections for others to understand how our theories could be statistical facts.

And you don't have to think of a way to debate that. I think it's another one's turn to add into the discussion here soon Smile
You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
Or kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill!

I really believe that people have the ability to think and choose for themselves.
It's foolish to think that a human being, born with so much potential, could never equate to anything more than the sum of his parts!
If we believe we can never be anything more than what fate has designed for us, what motivation have we to try?

I'll try to contribute more here, but for now, it's late, and I'm tired.
Your fate is your will, nothing will happen if you haven't pre-chosen it.

And you pre-choose it by your acts.
Get what I'm saying?.
I refuse to believe that there's such a thing as fate. That there's a predetermined destiny we're all supposed to fit into. What a crock.

Every minutiae action you take in life can drastically alter events in the future, and to believe that all of these events and paths you take are already mapped out for you is just ludicrous. If you've never seen Donnie Darko I suggest you check it out, it covers this entire topic, and how time plays into its role, great movie. You just might look more carefully at the decisions you make after watching it.
Infinity argues really good points almost every time unless it is something stupid and he thinks there is no point to it...

I want to see somebody beat him in a legitimate argument.

But I am not that good at arguing unless I am really fired up so I am not going to participate in this.

Good Luck Though Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6