Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving
Oh yeah, he was! Tongue

So, Cool_Guy, Happypenguin, and DrPoodle... that still makes 3.
~ FFW
Okay, I've debated whether to weigh in on this thread or not and I think I'll go ahead and throw in my two cents' worth.

I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed in you. I mean, first of all, if you really think the rules are too harsh, why not just move on? What was your objective in starting a thread and making a dramatic announcement?

Second of all, why the overwhelming need to swear? Don't get me wrong, I ain't no choir boy. As an ex-Marine and an ex-biker, I probably know words that would make YOU blush. But, ya know? There's a time and place for everything. FW knew when she hired me that my language isn't squeaky-clean. But it's one thing to use course language when you're hangin' with the boys and it's another thing to use them in a place (such as this one) where it's inappropriate. Lemme ask you this, Cool Guy. Can you talk to your mother without swearing? What about your grandmother? Do you feel that your communication is somehow limited when you're talking to them because you can't (or won't) swear? I don't talk the same way around a doctor or a lady or a preacher as I sometimes do around a buncha construction workers. I'm not being hypocritical; I don't try to hide the fact that use a bad word or two when I don't feel that it's inappropriate. But I don't use them around certain people (or in certain places) out of respect.

And respect IS borne of maturity.
Speaking of doctors, lemme ask you one more thing, Cool Guy. Did ya ever hear a doctor swear? I'm talking about in a clinical setting, i.e. in the "doctor's office." I was a medic in the Coast Guard and between that and working as a telemetry tech in a hospital, I've been around a lotta doctors. And I can't remember EVER hearing a doctor swear in front of a patient and rarely even in front of a nurse. Now I've been in doctors' lounges and heard doctors curse like sailors. But the SECOND they open that lounge door and step outside, they turn it off. Ya wanna know WHY? Because it's considered VERY unprofessional. In fact, even though a really big percent of people swear at one time or another, it's still looked down on as being a low-brow form of communication. In fact, why do ya think they call swear words vulgarities? Look up the word vulgar and here's what you'll find:

lacking refinement: lacking in courtesy and manners

(Papa collects his notes and steps down from his soapbox.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm Leaving Thomas 26 1,935 09-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Thomas
  Leaving For A While..... Fragma 10 690 09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Caffeine
  I Am Probably Leaving. Chief 18 1,337 08-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  Leaving or staying- Final decision Reykjavik 7 942 07-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Reykjavik
  I'm leaving [temporarily] Cool_Guy 4 906 09-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Last Post: BETA_mybb_import3230