Poll: Should negative reputation be takne away from regular members?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
64.71%
22 64.71%
No
35.29%
12 35.29%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Reputation system.
Quote:People should stop QQing about how they got -repped or something.

I am not QQing about getting negatively repped. I'm merely trying to see if this problem can be fixed before it gets out of hand like it did on HF. If I had thought that this idea were going to be a disaster, then I wouldn't have made this thread. I knew that other members thought the same way; I just wanted to see it in text.
Yeah, I just got a -rep just because someone doesn't like me on HF, a whole different forum. lol
Not gonna -rep back, not worth the trouble. I agree with OP, though. People just sign up as new members and deal out -reps and leave. It makes the user look bad.
Either way, it can probably wait a little while until it gets noticeably bad... but sometimes you shouldn't let things get that bad. lol
I definitely agree with this.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
I think the simple fact is people will retaliate, no matter what. My rule is just don't -rep people.
[Image: Lj]
^ Not all people, hehe. ^_^
I suggest adding 15% warning for Reputation abuse. Two warnings=instant temporary ban. In my opinion, being strict about it is better than both letting it be AND completely disabling it.
(10-08-2009, 01:49 PM)Soldier of Fortune Wrote: I suggest adding 15% warning for Reputation abuse. Two warnings=instant temporary ban. In my opinion, being strict about it is better than both letting it be AND completely disabling it.

How will you enforce the rule though? People can make up the dumbest excuses to -rep back.
I think anyone should be allowed to REP. I also think harsher punishment should be given to "REP Gangs"
Site Owner: http://www.awesomelounge.com

Feel free to join. It's full of greatness.

[Image: s1ckl3r2.png]
I couldn't agree more, I could see this happening in the future with more active members and hate on hate.
if you allow rep allow all types negative positive and neutral

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTIONS] Money Making Online, SF Marketplace, and Reputation Peter L 18 3,836 10-31-2011, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Peter L
  Reputation Abuse? Planeswalker 11 1,949 09-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  "Error - Given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today" Peter L 14 3,488 03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Psychosis
  Reputation image Proof 5 1,212 11-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Removing Reputation Fragma 9 1,069 10-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Fragma