Poll: Should negative reputation be takne away from regular members?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
64.71%
22 64.71%
No
35.29%
12 35.29%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Reputation system.
Hello.

I suggest that negative reputations be reserved for moderators and administrators only. I can already see rep gangs forming, and "If you -rep me, then I'll -rep you" formations happening. I know that the staff cannot be bothered to moderate every single reputation point, nor should they have to. But, 99% of the time, if one negatives someone legitimately, then that person will negative the giver for no reason at all, with reasons such as "We can play this game if you want" or "I'll remove this when you remove yours". Please state your thoughts, SF.
LMAO, Omni -2 rep ed you for a test.

On topic: Yeah, I agree.
[Image: Lj]
I accidentally voted Yes, but meant to say No. Everyone should be entitled to what rep to give.
I agree with this.

It's always going to be a problem and if it was solved before it got worse then that would be beneficial for everyone.

Good suggestion.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I support this. I also suggest to permanently remove reputation altogether since the amount of rep you have says nothing about a person. (HF is a good example)
(10-08-2009, 12:40 PM)Hanzo Wrote: I accidentally voted Yes, but meant to say No. Everyone should be entitled to what rep to give.

I agree with this, but I think..

Rep should be allowed to a group of trusted members, because new members.. don't read the rules and just give random reps.

Have a look at the second rep I just got! Omg
The same thing happened on HF, issuing -Reps for no reason, I would tend to agree, -Rep for mods/admin only.
I agree that everyone should be able to give rep, if people are being silly and minus repping everyone then people will minus rep them back or report them
Does it matter? If someone doesn't like you, may they be entitled to their own opinion. That doesn't mean it has to be yours - you don't have to always rate someone back, just because they rated you, you know.
I think that is should be like on HF.
Minus rep only for MODS and TRUSTED PPL.
Neutral for everybody.

Maybe minimum 50 posts for repping?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTIONS] Money Making Online, SF Marketplace, and Reputation Peter L 18 3,837 10-31-2011, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Peter L
  Reputation Abuse? Planeswalker 11 1,949 09-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  "Error - Given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today" Peter L 14 3,488 03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Psychosis
  Reputation image Proof 5 1,212 11-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Removing Reputation Fragma 9 1,069 10-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Fragma