Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creepy story - Curiosity
Curiosity. It's a strange human idea. Rather than walk away from something we must try to prove it for ourselves. Let me tell you a story from when I was a little bit younger. Me and my friends once explored an abandoned mental health hospital. It was getting dark and the boarded up windows were making it seem even darker inside. What drew us in there? Curiosity. It was also curiosity that drove us to explore further into this building despite the waning light levels. We knew there could be anything from teenagers to hobos hiding in the building. However, this was not what sparked our curiosity most. We came upon a staircase hidden at the back of the building, half way up written in what looked like blood (Although was most likely red pen with drips drawn on) said "Beware: Dead body on the roof", if not for human curiosity we would have thought, no way are we going up there then. But instead we felt even more compelled to go to the roof and either prove or disprove the presence of a dead body.

There wasn't a body, it turned out. However the thrill of the fear that there might be one gave us a rush which was undeniably great. Now by this point you might be wondering why I'm going into this so deeply, so let me explain. Around six weeks ago I was walking home from a friends, it was around four in the morning and it was a full moon. I don't know if that's relevant or not to what happened, but it might be. I started to get a chill down my spine. The feeling that someone was watching me overcame me. For some unknown reason I whispered "I know you're there" Silence resumed, not knowing what I expected to happen I continued walking. About 5 minutes down the road there was a noise off to my left, it sounded like a voice saying "Want to hear a story?" and here the curiosity kicked in. I had to go and check it out, there was nothing I could do to stop myself, the fear gave me such a rush I had to go down there.

I started to walk down the alley to my left, half way down there was a teenager, or an old man, or a woman. It was like my eyes couldn't understand what they were looking at, the person wasn't actually changing, I just didn't understand what they were. Again I heard "Want to hear a story?" It was coming from this person/thing, but the lips weren't moving. "Yes?" It leaned close and told me a story which still haunts me to this day, it was so terrifying that I couldn't function for the next week.

I'm not ashamed to say I ran home, as fast as I could, my laptop was on, you might not see why that's relevant, but you might. Freaked out by the story I turned it off. On the black screen while the harddrive is still running but the screen has switched off the word "Curiosity" was burned into the screen, then a flash of red and that's how I died.

And that's the thing about curiosity, you want to know the story, despite the consequences, so here's the deal. Next time you are alone, and you feel watched simply say "I know you're there" and don't worry, I'll tell you a story. Trust me, it's worth it.
This may freak me out dude. Big Grin
(01-26-2013, 03:19 PM)LNk Wrote: This may freak me out dude. Big Grin

Lmfao, that "may" freak you out? Did you read the story?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Five Word Story Minus-Zero 781 247,265 11-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SynorisTechnologies
  [Narrative Story] Empty Creatures Froggy 6 1,712 10-15-2016, 03:19 AM
Last Post: thomasf2220
  Short Story, don't know if I should continue. Speak 2 1,446 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Dubai
  A Light In The Window, Short Story. Barneyyzâ„¢ 19 2,951 11-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash
  Three Word Story - Story On First Page Support 77 16,751 11-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash