Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Route one application to a separate ISP...
This is my first post on the forum and I'm a networking noob (more or less) so please be patient. Unsure

I have one computer with two available internet connections connected to two different ISPs. I have a wireless adapter connected to the router for a powerline ISP (this is my secondary ISP). I also have a wired adapter connected to another router for a cable ISP (this is my primary ISP).

The cable ISP has 10/1 Mbps and the powerline ISP has 5/5 Mbps.

I would like to use the cable ISP for everything, except that I would like to route my online backup application to use the powerline ISP because the powerline ISP has much higher upload speeds. How can I route this backup application to use a separate WAN connection than the rest of the system? I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Just to note:
1. The powerline ISP is available as part of my rent whether I use it or not. Please do not suggest that I combine funds for one higher speed plan. That is not currently an option.

2. I only have administrator access to the router connected to the cable ISP. I am unable to modify the powerline network.

Thank you all so much for your help! Thumbsup
I have a same setting as you have. I am also in search of the same answer. Hope we will get the solution for our problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What ISP do you use? Backslash 79 16,530 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: paviya
  Best ISP Underfaker 7 1,635 12-13-2013, 10:33 PM
  Which ISP do you have? Shock 168 54,905 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM
  Internet connection problem with Japanese ISP elvenshadow 0 707 08-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: elvenshadow
  Just Switched To A Crappy ISP Integrity 22 4,566 10-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Last Post: BlackHops