Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What ISP do you use?
For me it is Verizon FiOS.

I love their service, always great when I ask for an IP Address Lease break.

And it is super fast.

AT the moment I am on a 20/5 Line

20 Megabit Down 5 Megabit Up

What do you have?
[Image: zbacklash11.png]
I use shitty Optus. I'm so sick of them. A whole 4mb Down and 500kb Up. It's sucks. We're switching to iinet soon though Smile
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Nexicom. 15 down almost one up, *Supposed to be*
I'm using Verizon FiOS.
Telstra Cable for me.

(01-26-2010, 07:30 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: I use shitty Optus. I'm so sick of them. A whole 4mb Down and 500kb Up. It's sucks. We're switching to iinet soon though Smile

See here is the thing man. Every one of these providers apart from Telstra and at times Optus are hiring there lines off of Telstra anyway so why not just use Telstra?
I was with Netspace at one time and when i switched to Telstra under the same type plan (DSL2+ at the time) i noticed a marked improvement in both Uptime and Speed.
There customer service well dont get me started there but yea man. Seriously i use them and i never have an issue with speed.
Sure ya may save a few $ with another provider who hires the lines off of Telstra but will you get the same priority at the exchange?
Not sure its not my thing but like i said i noticed a marked imporvement after choning to Telstra. So same line to house so the limitation would have been at exchange me thinks. Anyway that is getting off topic now and i never do that so i better stop.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Im using OPTUS and im on 20mbps down and 500kbps up(broadband). It's just great and very fast no better than this.
I use Shaw. It is a giant were I live. The service is quite good.
Telstra on a 20mbit line. I can only reach 16mbit due to the distance from exchange (right on the boarder). I'm not conplaining, its better then 1500kb/sec I used to get!
Hi Extasey, according to mine, im on 20mbps but cant reach 2mbps, But most of my downloads are arround 50kbps ~ 200kbps, is this normal?
I use Road Runner.

They are okay, but I don't like their "incorrect URL" service. Basically if you put in a wrong URL they send you to their site giving suggestions (which are awful) about your search. The suggestions most of the time have nothing at all to do with what you put in (and got wrong) so I end up having to go to Google instead.

Overall Road Runner is an alright ISP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best ISP Underfaker 7 1,632 12-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: paviya
  Which ISP do you have? Shock 168 54,596 12-13-2013, 01:15 AM
Last Post: paviya
  Route one application to a separate ISP... kaliree 1 672 02-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Robinonaf
  Internet connection problem with Japanese ISP elvenshadow 0 704 08-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: elvenshadow
  Just Switched To A Crappy ISP Integrity 22 4,498 10-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Last Post: BlackHops