Support Forums

Full Version: Route one application to a separate ISP...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my first post on the forum and I'm a networking noob (more or less) so please be patient. Unsure

I have one computer with two available internet connections connected to two different ISPs. I have a wireless adapter connected to the router for a powerline ISP (this is my secondary ISP). I also have a wired adapter connected to another router for a cable ISP (this is my primary ISP).

The cable ISP has 10/1 Mbps and the powerline ISP has 5/5 Mbps.

I would like to use the cable ISP for everything, except that I would like to route my online backup application to use the powerline ISP because the powerline ISP has much higher upload speeds. How can I route this backup application to use a separate WAN connection than the rest of the system? I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Just to note:
1. The powerline ISP is available as part of my rent whether I use it or not. Please do not suggest that I combine funds for one higher speed plan. That is not currently an option.

2. I only have administrator access to the router connected to the cable ISP. I am unable to modify the powerline network.

Thank you all so much for your help! Thumbsup
I have a same setting as you have. I am also in search of the same answer. Hope we will get the solution for our problem.