Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Feather Award No Longer Available
Quote:If you don't care about rep and such on hackforums your stuffed.

What does this mean? If you don't care about rep it just means that you have morality. Things like that on HF are taken way too serious.

Quote:Lets take an example, the coding section on there its actually quite helpfull.

Perhaps, but the flaming that goes on in there is lots more than here too, so there's that comparison which would balance things out for me. There's GOOD members here. If we can bump up the activity here I don't see a reason as to why any forum can't be just as good, people move back to HF because they don't feel like "starting over" though, and figure they have more to show on that forum than SF.

Quote:All I'm saying is the award was here when I came and it should be here when I or anyone else wants to claim it, either it should be removed to all users or it should stay. Maybe just up the requirements.

I guess this is understandable, and I can agree with you to a point, but somewhere Omni has to put down his foot and say no lol. And TRUST me, on SF, he's the kind of guy that doesn't change his mind if he makes a decision from what i've seen.
Quote:What does this mean? If you don't care about rep it just means that you have morality. Things like that on HF are taken way too serious.

people earn a fair ammount of cash off hackforums, and if you have negative rep people just won't deal with you. For example I'm just about to make $5,000 off hackforums, which I wouldn't have without having no minus rep.

Quote:Perhaps, but the flaming that goes on in there is lots more than here too, so there's that comparison which would balance things out for me. There's GOOD members here. If we can bump up the activity here I don't see a reason as to why any forum can't be just as good, people move back to HF because they don't feel like "starting over" though, and figure they have more to show on that forum than SF.

Well I have to agree with you there 100%.
If this forum had a higher activity base It would, but the fact remains that at the moment it doesn't and I find myself searching for threads to interest me and post on - That's why I have really only made 3 posts, as I don't really count my posts on here.

Quote:I guess this is understandable, and I can agree with you to a point, but somewhere Omni has to put down his foot and say no lol. And TRUST me, on SF, he's the kind of guy that doesn't change his mind if he makes a decision from what i've seen.

He's the same on hackforums, and I respect him for that.
But theres no harm in voicing my opinion and letting him know thats what I think, anyway I'm not angry with you or Jesse I just don't think doing this acheived what he wanted.. I mean take this user for example http://www.supportforums.net/member.php?...&uid=12232 spamming for his 100 posts.

Also I can't PM you as I don't have 10 posts Mad

what if i sended my pm to sam almost 2 -3 weeks ago and he never reply? can i still be apply for the award?
(03-27-2012, 01:54 AM)RoyalYeo™ Wrote: what if i sended my pm to sam almost 2 -3 weeks ago and he never reply? can i still be apply for the award?

From what I can tell, it doesn't matter.
(03-27-2012, 01:53 AM)Autopost Wrote: But theres no harm in voicing my opinion and letting him know thats what I think, anyway I'm not angry with you or Jesse I just don't think doing this acheived what he wanted.. I mean take this user for example http://www.supportforums.net/member.php?...&uid=12232 spamming for his 100 posts.

Also I can't PM you as I don't have 10 posts Mad

lol no there isn't, and trust me I was the most devoted member towards getting him to remove that award around here, and It ended up causing commotion between quite a few other members as a result, so i'm sure Omni at the time wasn't appreciative of that since he'd already made up his mind, but finally now it's removed. And this whole debate for getting it removed had went on for a full YEAR, but he never gave in until now.

@RoyalYeo - http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid276019 You'll probably end up getting the same response.
Lol, we should of seen this coming. To be quite honest guys, it's a tiny little icon that goes on an internet profile, what makes it so special? Will it save your life? Will it gain you skills? Will it earn you money? No? So why the hell does everyone care about it so much? Damn, you're all acting like spoiled brats. The award is gone, and that's that. If you didn't get accepted by Sam, or you didn't get replied to, then you will not get it. There's many members here, including myself who fought for this to happen for an extremely lengthy time, it needed to happen. If someone can give me a valid reason why it's so important, I'll eat my hat.
(03-27-2012, 09:03 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Lol, we should of seen this coming. To be quite honest guys, it's a tiny little icon that goes on an internet profile, what makes it so special? Will it save your life? Will it gain you skills? Will it earn you money? No? So why the hell does everyone care about it so much? Damn, you're all acting like spoiled brats. The award is gone, and that's that. If you didn't get accepted by Sam, or you didn't get replied to, then you will not get it. There's many members here, including myself who fought for this to happen for an extremely lengthy time, it needed to happen. If someone can give me a valid reason why it's so important, I'll eat my hat.

Ok well get your hat ready Blackhat
Because it looks cool, same thing as having a flatscreen instead of a box.

(03-27-2012, 10:21 AM)Autopost Wrote: Ok well get your hat ready Blackhat
Because it looks cool, same thing as having a flatscreen instead of a box.

A feather looks cool? Thanks, now I know how to get down with the kids.
So sad to hear that. But it's for the better of the community no more LQ posts and less traffic I believe.
Quote:Lol, we should of seen this coming. To be quite honest guys, it's a tiny little icon that goes on an internet profile, what makes it so special? Will it save your life? Will it gain you skills? Will it earn you money? No? So why the hell does everyone care about it so much? Damn, you're all acting like spoiled brats. The award is gone, and that's that.

Coming from the guy with 2 awards. I wonder how quick you would send me an angry PM if I delete them? You should prepare for some hat eating.

Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,014 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,746 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,224 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,795 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,662 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity