Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SF Feather Award No Longer Available
I no longer feel we need this award here. While I don't feel it's been harmful I also don't feel it's been a benefit. So as of right now the award is no longer available to members of HF that make 100 posts here.

If you were given eligibility before today I will honor the agreement and provide you the award once 100 quality posts are made. Contingent however on the fact you do so within 30 days of this post. After that the award will be locked and no one will earn it.

Thank you.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Thanks Omni, we've been waiting for this forever it seems like, haha. The only probably you're going to have now is this place is going to extremely decrease in activity.
Oh, I was wondering how long it would take for the award to be pulled.
Is this permanent? Or just indefinite. And while I'm asking questions, if you don't mind me asking, why was Sam demoted? Inactivity?
Quaero gloria stellarum.
I'm assuming that this means I am still eligible for the award for 30 days?
Technically, I PM-ed you just before you made this decision. Will I still get it? Smile
[Image: Final.gif]
I predicted this would happen eventually. Luckily I've already been given eligibility and only need four more posts (three following the surfacing of this one) to claim it.

Exclusivity typically creates a higher demand. With that in mind, I'm now going to predict this thread will soon fill up with posts asking questions it's content clearly already answers.
Want to learn more about hacking?
jacobriggs.io
(03-26-2012, 01:42 PM)BioHazaЯd™ Wrote: If I were to obtain at least 100 posts in 30 days am I still eligible for the award?

You would not be eligible. You were not given eligibility before hand. In a year you've made 38 posts.

And unsure how long-term this will effect SF but I feel that we can do other things to increase activity and maybe I've ridden the HF promotion a bit too long.

I'll of course carefully review activity and traffic on this site over the next few weeks. I really don't see us losing too much though.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(03-26-2012, 01:53 PM)Omniscient Wrote: You would not be eligible. You were not given eligibility before hand. In a year you've made 38 posts.

And unsure how long-term this will effect SF but I feel that we can do other things to increase activity and maybe I've ridden the HF promotion a bit too long.

I'll of course carefully review activity and traffic on this site over the next few weeks. I really don't see us losing too much though.
You know, even without the award, you could mention SF on your other websites a little bit more (or even put up a full advertisement of sorts) and you'd pick up traffic that isn't spamming for an award.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
(03-26-2012, 01:53 PM)Omniscient Wrote: And unsure how long-term this will effect SF but I feel that we can do other things to increase activity and maybe I've ridden the HF promotion a bit too long.

Could you create a thread now and post up current traffic stats, and then let's say, 7 days from now and then every 7 days? I'd be quite intrigued to monitor it too.

A little bit off-topic post here, have you heard anything from Sam? He doesn't seem to be here too often any-more and never replies on skype.
(03-26-2012, 02:04 PM)BreShiE Wrote: A little bit off-topic post here, have you heard anything from Sam? He doesn't seem to be here too often any-more and never replies on skype.
I'm guessing he was demoted for inactivity, either by request or Omniscient felt it due. Maybe he's a little busy with life. Smile
So many questions popping up.
Quaero gloria stellarum.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,000 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,519 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,172 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,771 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,300 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity