Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
HF Support Feather
(01-04-2012, 04:29 PM)Thomas Wrote: Maybe if you didn't post them all to the right side they'd be more HQ.

Are you joking me?
Are you seriously implying that where one posts on a page determines the quality of their post?
You're joking me, right? You've got to be.

Should I start posting like you? Posting low quality, short responses with videos on the left? Sure, I'll start posting like some of your posts below:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid260997
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid260743
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid248691
Those are some really HQ responses mate. Want to know why? Because they aren't right aligned. If you would have posted left aligned, your responses would have had a higher level of quality. /Sarcasm

Where one posts does not influence the quality of the context in the post.

(01-04-2012, 04:31 PM)Fragma Wrote: It is actually a shame that you align posts to the right. It makes your high quality posts look low quality.

It's an illusion, I'm a con artist.
(01-04-2012, 04:37 PM)Yellows Wrote:
Are you joking me?
Are you seriously implying that where one posts on a page determines the quality of their post?
You're joking me, right? You've got to be.

Should I start posting like you? Posting low quality, short responses with videos on the left? Sure, I'll start posting like some of your posts below:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid260997
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid260743
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid248691
Those are some really HQ responses mate. Want to know why? Because they aren't right aligned. If you would have posted left aligned, your responses would have had a higher level of quality. /Sarcasm

Where one posts does not influence the quality of the context in the post.

(01-04-2012, 04:31 PM)Fragma Wrote: It is actually a shame that you align posts to the right. It makes your high quality posts look low quality.

It's an illusion, I'm a con artist.

Yes it is incredibly annoying when I have to look to the side to read your posts, although I never really get anything out of reading them. I was simply sharing a video in the only things you could get from me. Stop trying to start arguments I didn't want a fight I just wanted to bring up something that other users have already talked to you about. You joined yesterday and you have over 100 posts. You have 1 reputation and I have 19 (if negative reputation was allowed you'd have 0 from the negative I'd give you). Nice try, but you can take your sarcasm and leave.
Sometimes there's not a lot to say with responses. But if you're starting a post then I would agree you could post some detail at that point. Lots of my posts I can confidently say are fairly detailed though. If you've ever taken a look through my posts page.
(01-04-2012, 04:41 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Sometimes there's not a lot to say with responses. But if you're starting a post then I would agree you could post some detail at that point. Lots of my posts I can confidently say are fairly detailed though. If you've ever taken a look through my posts page.

A little too detailed some might say haha. ;)
(01-04-2012, 04:40 PM)Thomas Wrote: Yes it is incredibly annoying when I have to look to the side to read your posts, although I never really get anything out of reading them. I was simply sharing a video in the only things you could get from me. Stop trying to start arguments I didn't want a fight I just wanted to bring up something that other users have already talked to you about. You joined yesterday and you have over 100 posts. You have 1 reputation and I have 19 (if negative reputation was allowed you'd have 0 from the negative I'd give you). Nice try, but you can take your sarcasm and leave.

I, also, am not trying to start a fight. I just find it ridiculous that you sincerely believe that where a post appears on a page determines the quality of that post.
I could post in all caps, but with good answers and responses and I believe the quality would still be high.
It may be annoying, does that mean it isn't of sufficient quality?
I'm fairly certain that merely posting a video isn't of 'high quality' in the slightest.
Other users have talked to me about it politely, and have accepted that I will not cease my right aligning habit.
I joined yesterday and have over 100 posts -- Cool. What's your point? I post a lot.
I've got 1 reputation and you have 19 -- Cool. Reputation doesn't mean anything but how liked one is in the community. You've been here longer than me, I imagine if I have been here the same length as you, I'd have the same amount or more.
You'd give me reputation for these recent posts or for right aligning? If the latter, that's fine with me and I wouldn't care.

Sarcasm is a way of getting a point across, I was sure to not use it in this post as you clearly find it not very useful.

Again, I don't wish to start a fight with you, just find it crazy how right aligning a HQ post can instantly make it par-sufficient.

EDIT; Wow, I wrote a lot. You got me fizzled.
EDIT EDIT; I don't need to post anymore on here. Got a problem? PM me.
(01-04-2012, 04:46 PM)Yellows Wrote:
I, also, am not trying to start a fight. I just find it ridiculous that you sincerely believe that where a post appears on a page determines the quality of that post.
I could post in all caps, but with good answers and responses and I believe the quality would still be high.
It may be annoying, does that mean it isn't of sufficient quality?
I'm fairly certain that merely posting a video isn't of 'high quality' in the slightest.
Other users have talked to me about it politely, and have accepted that I will not cease my right aligning habit.
I joined yesterday and have over 100 posts -- Cool. What's your point? I post a lot.
I've got 1 reputation and you have 19 -- Cool. Reputation doesn't mean anything but how liked one is in the community. You've been here longer than me, I imagine if I have been here the same length as you, I'd have the same amount or more.
You'd give me reputation for these recent posts or for right aligning? If the latter, that's fine with me and I wouldn't care.

Sarcasm is a way of getting a point across, I was sure to not use it in this post as you clearly find it not very useful.

Again, I don't wish to start a fight with you, just find it crazy how right aligning a HQ post can instantly make it par-sufficient.

EDIT; Wow, I wrote a lot. You got me fizzled.

It's fine I'm used to kids trying to pick fights with me. I'm a HQ member and I know it, if you know that you are that's all that matters. I don't need to write a book to tell you that.
(01-04-2012, 04:46 PM)Fragma Wrote: A little too detailed some might say haha. ;)

There was only one time that I could remember where the mybb post count char limit needed to be extended, and I almost exceeded that in the second half that was all supposed to be in the first post, but that was for my notepad application. Some I doubt even read all of what I post down lol. I need to limit it more, and that's my main problem.

I think the debate above here should stop soon though. Debating on who's more high quality or who isn't doesn't have a good impression on being high quality at all. High quality to me isn't even the detail in posts. It's whether or not you have something useful to say or not. And if you're trying to post to help someone out, whether your post was helpful to them or not.

My concept of trying to achieve that unfortunately just comes from the amount of detail that I post, because I try to make sure that they have all the information they need after a post from myself, based on whatever information I can give.
Just butting in to say the right alignment is highly obnoxious.

As for the original post, I'm glad with what I have read.
I'll be unbanned in march, but I think i'll get addicted to support forums >_>.. I will go for this though, it's a good way to show your support for supportforums on HF. It also encourage people to come here and actually post accordingly.
[Image: xypfOL.png]
Guys this is getting incredibly off topic, stop arguing on this post, there's no need for it!

I agree that Yellows right side posting is effing annoying. But, he is a more HQ member then most of the others on this forum, it just makes his post look untidy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,012 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,832 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,561 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,795 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Support Feather Review? Nifty 29 4,756 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Autopost