Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
HF Support Feather
I see what Omni means but honestly I don't want to feel like one of those people that spam and and do anything to get the support feather, bit I PM Sam about a 9 days ago for the support forums acceptance and still no response what should I do?
(03-22-2012, 04:31 AM)D3xus Wrote: @Breshie, why did you quote a 2 month old post? He said that a while ago. ._.

Because it was me who the post was aimed at, and I'd only just saw it. If you don't like it then don't read it.

(03-22-2012, 10:53 AM)Alreiger Wrote: Does it really matter? If I'm not mistaken, HF is his JOB, this is a hobby. Business before pleasure.

Why hope? You don't seem mature enough to handle the position. I think Omniscient was saying that because he can judge a person by how they act, a nice ability nowa'days.

Lol, I'd like you to please explain to me how I'm "not mature enough". You've only been here for 12 days, therefore you couldn't possibly know what sort of member I am. Ask people like DAMINK, Sam, Fragma or Ace, all of which will tell you what sort of member I am and have all been around since before I joined. I'd kindly ask you to possibly read through some of my posts and find out what sort of person I am rather than basing your judgement on one post, thanks.
(03-22-2012, 12:46 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Because it was me who the post was aimed at, and I'd only just saw it. If you don't like it then don't read it.

(03-22-2012, 10:53 AM)Alreiger Wrote: Does it really matter? If I'm not mistaken, HF is his JOB, this is a hobby. Business before pleasure.

Why hope? You don't seem mature enough to handle the position. I think Omniscient was saying that because he can judge a person by how they act, a nice ability nowa'days.
Lol, I'd like you to please explain to me how I'm "not mature enough". You've only been here for 12 days, therefore you couldn't possibly know what sort of member I am. Ask people like DAMINK, Sam, Fragma or Ace, all of which will tell you what sort of member I am and have all been around since before I joined. I'd kindly ask you to possibly read through some of my posts and find out what sort of person I am rather than basing your judgement on one post, thanks.

Oh, I can see it in every personal response you make. The one you just made is a good example, mind you, but I've had this opinion for at least half the time I've been here. You get defensive incredibly easy, you're the kind of person who puts "Lol," before everything (making a comment seem laughable). I don't care what these people think, they're not swaying my opinion, and theirs is probably altered by the fact that they've also been friends with you for a while; you don't have to be mature to have friends. I'm not going to give you an example because I honestly can't be bothered to do anything more than typing this. Take that however you want; but consider it a nice reason for Omniscient saying what he did, and if he tells us he meant differently, I'll eat my words.

Have a nice day.

Quaero gloria stellarum.
(03-22-2012, 12:59 PM)Alreiger Wrote: Oh, I can see it in every personal response you make. The one you just made is a good example, mind you, but I've had this opinion for at least half the time I've been here. You get defensive incredibly easy, you're the kind of person who puts "Lol," before everything (making a comment seem laughable). I don't care what these people think, they're not swaying my opinion, and theirs is probably altered by the fact that they've also been friends with you for a while; you don't have to be mature to have friends. I'm not going to give you an example because I honestly can't be bothered to do anything more than typing this. Take that however you want; but consider it a nice reason for Omniscient saying what he did, and if he tells us he meant differently, I'll eat my words.

Have a nice day.

Yes, I do get defensive easily. Does that make me immature? If so then damn I need to learn the definition of immaturity. The fact that you wont even provide evidence to your accusation then I believe you're just looking to start a confrontation.
(03-22-2012, 01:06 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Yes, I do get defensive easily. Does that make me immature? If so then damn I need to learn the definition of immaturity. The fact that you wont even provide evidence to your accusation then I believe you're just looking to start a confrontation.

I mean in the sense that you need to calm down and take it easier, this isn't the kind of thing someone should get worked up over. And I knew you would say something along those lines, but no, I just don't feel like skimming through your posts; I will tell you that you need to deal with it when a member mentions Hack Forums, it's not your place to tell them they can't mention it if there's not a rule in place.

What would I gain from "starting a confrontation"?
Quaero gloria stellarum.
(03-22-2012, 01:14 PM)Alreiger Wrote: I mean in the sense that you need to calm down and take it easier, this isn't the kind of thing someone should get worked up over. And I knew you would say something along those lines, but no, I just don't feel like skimming through your posts; I will tell you that you need to deal with it when a member mentions Hack Forums, it's not your place to tell them they can't mention it if there's not a rule in place.

What would I gain from "starting a confrontation"?

I never said he couldn't, I asked him not to. Because you've only been here for 12 days you don't see all the threads that get created about the same thing over and over and over again, it just gets tiring. I have anger problems and ADHD so I have an excuse for my hot temper and low patience...

Also, most people from HF are trolls, therefore get a 'laugh' out of starting a confrontation. Let's stop this now anyway, we're straying off-topic. If you wish to carry this on then PM me.
(03-22-2012, 01:17 PM)BreShiE Wrote: I never said he couldn't, I asked him not to. Because you've only been here for 12 days you don't see all the threads that get created about the same thing over and over and over again, it just gets tiring. I have anger problems and ADHD so I have an excuse for my hot temper and low patience...

Also, most people from HF are trolls, therefore get a 'laugh' out of starting a confrontation. Let's stop this now anyway, we're straying off-topic. If you wish to carry this on then PM me.
We're still on the topic Omniscient had set with that reply. You still shouldn't ask him not to do that, it isn't again the rules, and it's he has the right to do it, it's just rude to even try. Repetition is a large part of any successful website, it's our jobs to answer the question every time and let the thread pass; if you don't like it, ignore the thread. I didn't know that, but that isn't an excuse if you plan to become a moderator; if you're going to help manage a website, you need to be able to handle it in a manner befitting your position.

And how did you conclude that? You're pushing out one hell of a generalization.... Hack Forums is one of the most popular MyBB websites on the internet, age and behavior vary. At least half of that website is users who get offended when they see trolling or the like, mostly reporting these people to get it out of their section. If you feel the need to end this discussion, go ahead, but I don't see any real reason to move this.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
This thread's purpose is that of informing people on how to obtain the feather correctly, not about how you and I differ in opinions.
(03-22-2012, 02:04 PM)BreShiE Wrote: This thread's purpose is that of informing people on how to obtain the feather correctly, not about how you and I differ in opinions.

A different topic had also been set by Omniscient when he made that reply; we further built on what he had written. If you have such a strong will not to continue, stop posting. Pinch
Quaero gloria stellarum.
In my option you should remove the 100 posts stuff and when you see HQ members you ask them about their HF username.
Much better way in my option :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,012 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,832 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,561 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,795 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Support Feather Review? Nifty 29 4,756 03-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Autopost