Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ADVICE]Drugs in times of need?
Nice job, although I'm going to have to disagree a bit. Most of the people I know smoke pot because they want to get high, I don't feel like they're trying to escape from anything.
(05-12-2010, 09:04 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Nice job, although I'm going to have to disagree a bit. Most of the people I know smoke pot because they want to get high, I don't feel like they're trying to escape from anything.

Yes, but this is intended for people that use when they are stressed, not just to get high.
(05-04-2010, 06:26 PM)Pink Floyd Wrote: A common suffering that many people are often oblivious to, is the use of drugs when we are feeling anxious, depressed, scared, etc. If you are using any substance when dealing with things that are difficult, it drastically affects the way you feel in a negative way.

Many people smoke marijuana to be temporarily high, when are in a situation of some sort. This strongly changes; motivation, happiness, performance, etc. Getting high may be something fun to do, but is not going to help in the slightest, when you're dealing with stuff.

Amotivational syndrome

well i dont think drug is solution to anyproblem we must probably share our fellings with friend and family at place of taking drugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amotivational_syndrome
http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/LIBRARY/slikker.htm
http://www.druglibrary.org/Schaffer/hemp.../canb1.htm

If you are interested, look through some of those sites, they will tell you a lot more bout Amotivational syndrome.

Tons of people suffer from that, they not only have no idea, they completely reject the idea.

Just a little advice.

-Pink Floyd
[Image: 2zszdd5.png]
dxunited, I'm not sure why you just quoted my OP, thanks I suppose.
Quote:Many people smoke marijuana to be temporarily high, when are in a situation of some sort. This strongly changes; motivation, happiness, performance, etc. Getting high may be something fun to do, but is not going to help in the slightest, when you're dealing with stuff.
If I'm feeling down and I smoke some weed, I feel great most of the time. And from then on I'm usually good. Marijuana isn't as bad as some people play it out to be. I would honestly say that Cigarettes and Alcohol are worse than marijuana.

Marijuana even had medicinal properties.
Interesting, I already knew about some of this but not to the full-extent.
I smoke weed every once in awhile. It treats me pretty well.
[Image: Imageskx3xi-1.png]
Is this a real syndrome? How would I go about talking to my doctor about it?
[Image: hugs.png]
(05-20-2010, 07:48 PM)hugsyou Wrote: Is this a real syndrome? How would I go about talking to my doctor about it?

Yes, Amotivational syndrome is a real syndrome. And you would tell him you are having problems with motivation and you smoke a lot of marijuana. Or if you don't feel you suffer from it, you would just ask him what it is.
Dont use drugs to make a bad time good, use them to make a good time better if your going to use them at all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad times but with some silver lining - What would you do? §overeign 2 505 02-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Friends involved in Drugs, Peer Pressuring me to do it. barr 10 2,429 09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Rage
  Depressed, tough times Pyratepig 1 546 07-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Depth
  Addicted to drugs. Talk with me? Tay 21 4,319 06-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Pulse
  Going through some hard times. [Help please.] vMattz 14 2,957 03-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Pyratepig