Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is vista rogue on me?
I am the only one who uses my computer so there are just two accounts on it: mine and Administrator's.

I've been noticing some problems recently. I tried to rename a folder the other day but vista said I didn't have permission to do this file operation. I was quite upset at my computer since it shouldn't be telling me what I can and cannot do. I am its master.

So yes, that's my problem. I logged into the Administrator account and I renamed the folder successfully. Why is it that my personal Administrative account can't do some of the things the Administrator can do? The folder, I assure you, was not a system folder. It was a torrent folder.
Try to turn off User Account Control. There's a tutorial in this section. It requires a reboot.
Yeah I'm having this problem too.
I have just one account on my Vista, and it always says I dont have permission o.0
Usually it's because when you first make a folder you have to
just restart the computer to be able to rename it.
It's a weird thing, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
hum if you dont already have have admin privileges I should get on the admin account and give yourself admin rights (who knows your privileges might of been reset)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reset Vista Password for I Forgot Vista Password loaraa 2 1,205 12-13-2019, 02:17 AM
Last Post: emma162
  Who uses Vista? And how much do you hate it! XD ImFocuzz 83 24,109 02-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  Vista Task Manager Scorpion 8 3,158 08-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Athostle
  What is good about Windows Vista? QBANBOY407 85 34,124 01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Last Post: iBored1x1
  Patch vista themes? `P R O D I G Y™ 4 1,053 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Chimi