Support Forums

Full Version: Why is vista rogue on me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am the only one who uses my computer so there are just two accounts on it: mine and Administrator's.

I've been noticing some problems recently. I tried to rename a folder the other day but vista said I didn't have permission to do this file operation. I was quite upset at my computer since it shouldn't be telling me what I can and cannot do. I am its master.

So yes, that's my problem. I logged into the Administrator account and I renamed the folder successfully. Why is it that my personal Administrative account can't do some of the things the Administrator can do? The folder, I assure you, was not a system folder. It was a torrent folder.
Try to turn off User Account Control. There's a tutorial in this section. It requires a reboot.
Yeah I'm having this problem too.
I have just one account on my Vista, and it always says I dont have permission o.0
Usually it's because when you first make a folder you have to
just restart the computer to be able to rename it.
It's a weird thing, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
hum if you dont already have have admin privileges I should get on the admin account and give yourself admin rights (who knows your privileges might of been reset)