Poll: Should Supportforums have groups?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
89.47%
17 89.47%
No
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Suggestion : Groups
(11-01-2009, 12:22 PM)TheDoctor Wrote: I believe he said that because it's grammar, not grammer.
On topic : I'm sort of neutral on this. Wouldn't mind groups but I don't think they're necessary on here. Reasons listed above.

Oh haha, well thats not a fail because i said grammar, not spelling Smile Hahah anyways atleast your not aganst it.
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
Off topic, 'alot' and 'atleast', as well as saying 'i no', when you should say 'I know',
etc, are not really very good examples of good use of the English language, especially for those who use it as their first language!

What would be the point of having groups, dedicated to what people are already discussing in the various forums here,
such as Microsoft Support, together with its sub-forums, or Video Gaming or Website Development etc?

It just seems that the point of this, could be to provide a corner or two,
for some like-minded members to hang out in, who possibly share the same viewpoint, with a view to forming a clique or whatever, which could possibly
lead to fragmentation and isolation perhaps, which doesn't really seem to fit the spirit of this community.

That's just my humble opinion though, so it may not be considered to be that vakid.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
(11-06-2009, 03:26 AM)UID=0 Wrote: Off topic, 'alot' and 'atleast', as well as saying 'i no', when you should say 'I know',
etc, are not really very good examples of good use of the English language, especially for those who use it as their first language!

I don't mean to take a shot at you, but you use an extremely excessive amount of unnecessary commas when writing, and that's not really an example of good English either Tongue
If you want to convince people then give us examples. I don't see groups being useful at all, just more ways to socialize.
I tried, you can have group for anything, anyways Omni said there is not any groups at the moment.
Well I guess this thread should be locked then?
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
No it shouldnt as Omni has not replied to this on "this" thread.
I think groups would be great! I don't think we should have a group for every forum or category, but 2-3 would be good. It would be good if there was a HJT group, a Microsoft group and an Apple group. This would be a good idea because it would let new members know that these people can be expected to really help them.
(11-07-2009, 08:03 PM)Firestar Wrote: I think groups would be great! I don't think we should have a group for every forum or category, but 2-3 would be good. It would be good if there was a HJT group, a Microsoft group and an Apple group. This would be a good idea because it would let new members know that these people can be expected to really help them.

C'mon more than 2-3, lets say 4-6?
Why would he need to reply in THIS thread, why would his decision change from thread to thread.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Groups Omniscient 82 22,364 04-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Prince
  How much money do offical groups cost? JakeUS 14 2,572 11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Secure.
  New Groups Added Omniscient 31 4,834 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Prince
  The Creation of New Groups (We Need More Please) Resistance 22 3,974 05-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: iMario
  Official groups and Non Official groups AceInfinity 25 5,113 04-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Fragma