Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Groups
It was suggested to me via PM that I restart the groups here. What do you guys think I should do?
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I am currently speaking with Kewlz (owner of Webmasters) about becoming a leader. He said he would send you a PM when he had time, but he hasn't done it yet.
I would love to renew Webmasters, but I'm not sure if you would let me try.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

I think it would be a good idea. I would love the idea of each groups being specialized in one area of SF, so you know which helpers are reliable and know their stuff. Like Webmasters for Web Area, Geek Squad for Computing Area, SF Coders for Coding, etc.

Which groups are currently active and which ones aren't ?
(10-13-2014, 12:02 PM)Aura Wrote: I think it would be a good idea. I would love the idea of each groups being specialized in one area of SF, so you know which helpers are reliable and know their stuff. Like Webmasters for Web Area, Geek Squad for Computing Area, SF Coders for Coding, etc.

I don't think any groups are active besides Geek Squad.. which is pretty inactive as well.
If I were to start up Webmasters, I would invite a few members through recruitment and invitation, then "force" them to do assignments I make myself.

SF Coders and Webmasters could be one group though. I'd love if SF Coders were the main group, which has a subforum called Webmasters.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(10-13-2014, 12:13 PM)Snorlax Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 12:02 PM)Aura Wrote: I think it would be a good idea. I would love the idea of each groups being specialized in one area of SF, so you know which helpers are reliable and know their stuff. Like Webmasters for Web Area, Geek Squad for Computing Area, SF Coders for Coding, etc.

I don't think any groups are active besides Geek Squad.. which is pretty inactive as well.
If I were to start up Webmasters, I would invite a few members through recruitment and invitation, then "force" them to do assignments I make myself.

SF Coders and Webmasters could be one group though. I'd love if SF Coders were the main group, which has a subforum called Webmasters.

That would be an idea. But if we follow that pattern, there would be 3 groups, one for each main area. But I guess we can have one more group that handles real life issues such as emotional life, relationships, pet care, etc.
(10-13-2014, 12:17 PM)Aura Wrote:

That would be an idea. But if we follow that pattern, there would be 3 groups, one for each main area. But I guess we can have one more group that handles real life issues such as emotional life, relationships, pet care, etc.

Definitely. However, I am interested in Omni's idea. I would love to lead a group (sticky threads, make new useful leaders, etc.), but I don't want to own the group. I want it to be Omni's group, with me as a leader, but have group moderator permissions.
I don't want to turn groups into HF, where groups sell for thousands of dollars. At least not yet.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(10-13-2014, 12:19 PM)Snorlax Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 12:17 PM)Aura Wrote:

Definitely. However, I am interested in Omni's idea. I would love to lead a group (sticky threads, make new useful leaders, etc.), but I don't want to own the group. I want it to be Omni's group, with me as a leader, but have group moderator permissions.
I don't want to turn groups into HF, where groups sell for thousands of dollars. At least not yet.

Honestly I would like that as well. I don,t want the ownership, just the leadership or even simply following ordrs and I would be happy with that.

We don't need more groups with leaders handing out assignments. Some of us are full time students with a jobs and we just wish to be apart of a group without having some useless task shoved down our throats.
(10-13-2014, 12:53 PM)Clark Wrote: We don't need more groups with leaders handing out assignments. Some of us are full time students with a jobs and we just wish to be apart of a group without having some useless task shoved down our throats.

Well, the main task here however is to revive SF. So the assignements would most likely be to create content like Help Desks, tutorials, videos, etc.
(10-13-2014, 01:04 PM)Aura Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 12:53 PM)Clark Wrote: We don't need more groups with leaders handing out assignments. Some of us are full time students with a jobs and we just wish to be apart of a group without having some useless task shoved down our throats.

Well, the main task here however is to revive SF. So the assignements would most likely be to create content like Help Desks, tutorials, videos, etc.

Yeah helpdesks and tutorials are fine and dandy. I was talking more on the lines of random coding projects that serve no practical purpose. Even still, it should be a group effort to create helpdesks and tutorials, and not a leader's job to enforce them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How much money do offical groups cost? JakeUS 14 2,549 11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Secure.
  New Groups Added Omniscient 31 4,753 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Prince
  The Creation of New Groups (We Need More Please) Resistance 22 3,967 05-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: iMario
  Official groups and Non Official groups AceInfinity 25 5,087 04-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Suggestion: User Groups Deadmau5 9 2,210 01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Omniscient