Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox 5 Released (June 21, 2011)
They are upgrading so fast I cant keep up with all this lol.
(07-02-2011, 06:22 PM)Kyle FYI™ Wrote: The only thing I like about firefox is the new look that's it.

however the look in versions 4, 5 (and 6) don't differ at all hardly. I don't even know why they went ahead with all those versions, next they'll have to make version 7 and it will have to be what version 4, or at least what version 5, should have been. Very very silly development.
i am still on 3.6, i hate these new ones
Good choice though, I would have moved back to 3.6 too, but for now i'm sticking with Iron for a bit. Firefox 4 and 5 are way to slow. Now they just went off on a foolish rapid-release phase without any initiative to make sure that things are working properly from the looks of it.
Apparently version 5 includes over 1,000 improvements and performance enhancements.
A quote from Firefox:
“This release adds support for more modern Web technologies that make it easier for developers to build amazing Firefox Add-ons, Web applications and Web sites,”

Why they decided to name this version 5 rather than say 4.x is beyond me though.
Why they even went from version 3.6 straight to 4 is beyond me. They just like bumping up the increments? I hope the next version will slow down a bit, and instead of making a version 10 as their next release it should be at least something like 5.1 or 5.01.

I doubt there was too much work done on it though. Developers like any kind of catch phrases they can fit in to make the release sound 10 times better than the last.
Going to download it just to see if it's good.
Then i will go back to google chrome xD
Chrome? lol, take a test run for Iron if you want a "chrome"-like web browser.
I think it is great and suggest it for anyone who like plug-ins to help their programming needs! Hope that helps!
There are extensions for chrome, and addons for IE as well though. Firefox isn't the only one. It just depends on what you use, and what is available for functionality in browser extensions/addons for that specific browser.

Right now, the ones I like out of Firefox that don't compare to others, is the FireFTP, and Live HTTP Headers addons.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 1.0 Released Omniscient 70 19,161 04-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Last Post: prince of persia