Support Forums

Full Version: Firefox 5 Released (June 21, 2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Firefox5 is now out, any opinions or personal reviews on this? I would download it, but i'm taking caution towards any compatibility issues I might have with my addons if I upgrade from 4.

I think it's silly that they come out with 5.0 so soon, not too long after 4.0 even. Why not name it 4.1? Ridiculous in my opinion.
I don't use Firefox much, but after upgrading I can't really see anything that has changed and it basically functions like 4.0 in my opinion.

Plus that half the apps aren't compatible, I would stay away.
I have been using FF for a long time and I can not hesitate in saying that FF 5 is better and faster than the previous versions.
Yes there have been allot of apparent flaws therefore the need for fast updates. 6.0 is on aurora channel already, but both 6.0 and 7.0 will be out at the end of the year Smile
Haven't noticed any difference between 4 and 5 to be honest. I found vast improvements from 3.6 to 4.0 in terms of it being faster but nothing between 4 and 5. However i only use firefox sometimes and mainly use google chrome so i wouldn't really notice any small changes.
Firefox 5? Already? And why are they calling it version 5? That's lame... I'll try it on my VM.
I am using this right now xD
I don't use Firefox much, but after upgrading I can't really see anything that has changed and it basically functions like 4.0 in my opinion.
I've actually found Firefox 4 and 5 both to be a ton slower than 3. I think they honestly tried to copy google chrome and go with the style, but they screwed up horribly, and style took over performance in the end. They tried to show off with all the fancy crap and ended up making it worse.
I am still on like 3.6 or something...
Don't like upgrading until they work out all the bugs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7