Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 1.0 Released
[Image: psk3tp0obehbr9tn9x3b.jpg]

Here is the full set of 5.25" floppies discs Windows 1.0 in 1990. Disc 5 is the mouse driver. Every floppie contains 1.2mb of data. Considering the average hard drive was about 20mb at the time this is a lot of information.

They are probably collector items now or at least some day might be. I hold onto them for a laugh.

And yes I posted a similar thread at HF. Worthy of forum spamming imho. Smile

Go for it.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Have you had these in your possession since they were released or did you buy them/get them given at a later date?
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Man that's nice.
I really miss using those. I have a C64 laying around.....
With over 20 of those, but I don't have Windows Sad
5 discs at 1.2mb compared to today's 600mb > 2gb .iso files. How things change.
I got them around 1993. I was not original owner.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Hm.

That's quite something. I'm sure my father has something similar lying around. I would keep them, as you said, they may become collectors items.

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
(10-24-2009, 11:17 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I got them around 1993. I was not original owner.

What did you pay for all of them?
I don't remember what I paid. I am sure it wasn't a lot at the time.
The odd thing is that windows still sucks as bad now as it did then lol. Not trying to start a fight, just playing around a little.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(10-24-2009, 11:27 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I don't remember what I paid. I am sure it wasn't a lot at the time.

Well in few years you'll get more than you have paid Roflmao

(10-24-2009, 11:29 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: The odd thing is that windows still sucks as bad now as it did then lol. Not trying to start a fight, just playing around a little.

Actually back then.... it was nice and for sure didn't suck... If you had a monitor you had a GUI and without on a simple TV it was Command line
Ahhh Omni you woke up my nostalgic love towards the C64 so I'm off now... gonna play a bit pixel games... Roflmao

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Firefox 5 Released (June 21, 2011) AceInfinity 65 15,842 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity